Warranty

Reaction score
So today I crashed my p3p in a tree. It seems to have mi or damages but it smokes this weird beeping sounds and some parts are cracked of course. I got it like 2 months ago can I send it back for repairs? Or replacement

If you crashed due to pilot error, you cannot get it repaired for free under warranty. You can certainly contact DJI support, get an RMA, and send it in to be repaired on your dime though.

Hmm is it costly to get it repaired? As well can I just purchase the dji care ?

You'd have to send it in to get an estimate for the repair. You can purchase DJI Care, but it won't cover this incident.

Yep -- I'm assuming that's why many buy it.

It would be impossible to claim this on DJI Care since DJI makes people submit a video showing the Phantom is not damaged when signing up. I guess too many people tried this loophole already ;)

others might say down right fraud
Yes, sir. That's why DJI has their checks and balances in place. They know people will try to work the system if they don't plug all of the holes.

Surely they could also pull your logs to see what date you crashed it and what date you incepted the policy??

They won't need to pull the logs since the OP will need to submit a detailed video of his Phantom in action before he's allowed to purchase the policy.

I understand that's what they do which is why I said ALSO, in absence of any video you probably still wouldn't get away with it because they could pull your logs anyway, unless you can delete them in surprised they need the video at all?

It's impossible to insure a used Phantom with DJI Care without submitting a detailed video. DJI has a sample video of what they expect to be submitted here.

I understand that's what they do which is why I said ALSO, in absence of any video you probably still wouldn't get away with it because they could pull your logs anyway, unless you can delete them in surprised they need the video at all?

Msigner is correct, it does not even get past the warranty not being valid if you don't send a video to begin with. I could crash the drone into a wall with some major damage but it will still fly, get the policy and then have some minor crash and claim that it all happened from the second crash. As long as some could take advantage and lie, the video is a valid requirement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik