Warranty issue

Reaction score
Lost my camera view to my iPad recently, contacted DJI and they issued me a case # and shipping label. Got an email today stating that it required a gimbal video board at a cost of $262USD and it's not covered under warranty! Got my P3P last October 4th. Shouldn't it be covered?

What did they say when you asked them that question?

Ah, well, hang in there and wait for them to explain.

Check out DJI's warranty here. You can see the warranty period for the main parts of the Phantom.

It looks like the gimbal parts are only covered for 6 months. And, that would of course depend on whether or not DJI found the item should be covered under warranty (e.g. you didn't crash and break something).

Yea, been reading the warranty a little closer while waiting for their response and yes the camera/gimbal has only got a 6 month coverage. Bummer! Thought it was bumper to bumper for a year. Oh well......it's only money! :). I will obviously wait to hear their response though before paying.

Cost me $350CDN for repair. The bird is on its way back to me. Should have by next Wednesday. Gonna be nice to have er back. Can't wait to fly again. Shipped it on Sept 6th.

Cost me $350CDN for repair. The bird is on its way back
Cost me $350CDN for repair. The bird is on its way back to me. Should have by next Wednesday. Gonna be nice to have er back. Can't wait to fly again. Shipped it on Sept 6th.

Did you happen to pay for your bird with a credit card that doubles the warranty period ? Many cards provide that feature, but we usually forget we have it.

Did you happen to pay for your bird with a credit card that doubles the warranty period ? Many cards provide that feature, but we usually forget we have it.

Woke up in the middle of the night and thought about this (little weird that way :) ). Checked it out first thing in the morning and.........bummer......PayPal!!

Hoping it's a shiny new P3P. Doubt it though, had to provide the birds serial number, so I can't see em sending back a different one?!
ha ha ha the serial number is just on a little paper sticker right??? wishing you well brother.

ha ha ha the serial number is just on a little paper sticker right??? wishing you well brother.

DJI swapping units is quite common, happend to me last month. I'm finally getting something back next week, but I doubt I'l see my original unit ever again.

DJI swapping units is quite common, happend to me last month. I'm finally getting something back next week, but I doubt I'l see my original unit ever again.
They had to put a whole new shell on my bird... so all the custom decals I had made were pau - but they did print a new set of tail numbers for me using one of those DYMO things... didn't use them - but thought that was awfully conscious of them to do so. Personally I have had nothing but excellent experience with DJI service.

K got the drone back today. It was gone for a total of 21 days. Works great again. Was a little ticked at first- charged my 2 batteries to get em ready for a test flight. Plugged the fully charged battery into the bird and got the DDDD. After about two/three minutes of hearing this it finally went to the D-DD. I guess they didn't finish upgrading either the bird or maybe the batteries. I was told by DJI that everything (drone, RC, 2 batteries) will be updated and ready to fly when it returns to me. Luckily everything updated fine......my RC was on and connected for a while before I realized the drone was updating.......which I guess is a no no!?
BTW got my original bird back.

Reactions: PunaPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4