Warning to UK buyers

Reaction score
Thought I should offer some advice to folks from the UK. In December 2016 I purchased a P4 from Maplins. In April 2017 I returned it for repair as I was constantly getting very weak signal between drone and controller.

It was returned a week later - No fault found.

The next few weeks weather prevented flying and in mid may I got to fly again. This time it took off (Litchi mission) to 16 feet as expected and instead of flying away from me, it turned 180 degrees and crashed into the ground at 8.7mph.

Took it back to Maplins, who spent a week looking at in the store, and then they sent it back to the repair centre. Along with hard copies of flight data from February to May which proved very poor communication.

Three weeks later, after phoning customer services 4 times and going into the store 3 times to get an update I am advised by customer services that they won't replace it with a new one, they won't refund me, but I can be sent a 'B' Grade refurbished P4!

I quote, 'B'Grade. To say I am furious is an understatement.

Now I wonder, how they have a 'B' grade refurbished P4 if someone, other than me hadn't returned it and had it replaced or refunded?

You have been warned!

I think you're pretty lucky they are prepared to do that, TBH. I'm sure their view (and that of DJI) will be you used a non-DJI product to fly the AC and it crashed. Given that, there's no way on Gods good earth that Maplin would be able to get DJI to refund them, so they're taking the hit as it were - I think I'd take the refurb and be happy.

This time it took off (Litchi mission) to 16 feet as expected and instead of flying away from me, it turned 180 degrees and crashed into the ground at 8.7mph.
Sorry, this looks like a compass calibration error, it's actually an user error.

Every log on airdata shows Very Poor connection between P4 and controller even in a field when <20ft away. Thus, it kept switching to atti mode from GPS. It has nothing to do with Litchi as the same is true with GO4.

I was lucky with maplins my p2 flew off never to be seen again and they replaced it no questions asked.

Yay! RESULT! After weeks of negotiations, numerous phone calls and exchanged emails between maplins head of customer service and me, finally after sending data, screen shots etc and proving categorically there was very poor signal between controller and drone even at 500ft distance, they finally agreed with me and replaced my drone. NOW I am a happy flyer!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj