Warning to new P3 buyers

Reaction score
I have to warn to people acquiring a new P3 (P3P, maybe others too) without last firmwares (v1.3.20) installed to NOT to follow app instructions.
It installs remote control firmware first while it is recommended to start with the quad upgrade. The app does not say anything about the order so it's easy to make a mistake, users are not diviners. You have to go to DJI download page and get the last firmware. There is a .bin file to copy to the mini card and a .pdf with clear instructions.

So i just got my new P3P (after a crash destroyed mine last week) and i installed the controller firmware first. I have not flown yet. should i be concerned? what can i do?

I'm skeptical why this matters. When I updated my firmware the craft and controller were never on at the same time. I programmed them separately. It shouldn't make any difference if you use the USB thumb drive method for the controller and the mini-card for the craft.

It doesn't matter at all what is upgraded first. The controller isn't on during a P3 upgrade, so how would it matter what version it is running?

Reactions: wordsmith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31