Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

"Warning: Strong Interference"

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by kptw_pilot, Dec 31, 2015.

1. kptw_pilot

[​IMG]

It seems like every flight I do, I get a warning message about strong interference. I don't understand why or what to do about it. I have not had any trouble with continuing flying after the warning, but it's annoying and makes me worry a bit. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. 250Flyer

I had this also on my second flight. It could be metal objects near to where you are flying... Not sure though, I had low battery right after this warning.

3. Santiego

I think I had that warning when I took off from a parking garage, due to all the steel interfering with the compass reading.

4. kptw_pilot

Hmm, weird. As you can see by my flight screenshot, I was at 400 ft and above my house which is surrounded by trees. Not much metal to interfere I would guess? It happens at random times it seems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. undert0e

I had this warning today for the first time. I usually fly in the country but today I went downtown and flew around our local baseball stadium. I'm guessing the warning was due to numerous WiFi signals near by and several other cell/radio towers in the area.

6. toddseimer

I chalk it up to radio interference. WiFi signals, power lines, cell towers, you name it. I get this message too depending on where I am, in my subdivision, definitely, out in the country, not so much (unless there are power lines nearby.)

7. Air Ontario

Lots of interference 200 m East of you at. HK and others with all their equipment, etc.