Warning siren going off in flight

Reaction score
I was flying yesterday and twice the warning siren went off on my phone.

Battery had 75% and about 50% at time.

NO other information, no notifications, just and only the siren.

The voltages and time remaining were fine on the display so a bit confused.

Phantom V2+ I have also just installed fpv booster a couple of days ago but not sure that has anything to do with it.

One of my batteries requires to be extra careful it is fully in, not sure why but when it was once not perfectly locked in, it gave me a similar alarm after flying normally for several minutes.
But it could be one of the cells is below par.
You could try the full discharge procedure even if it wasn't due yet.

4wd said:
One of my batteries requires to be extra careful it is fully in, not sure why but when it was once not perfectly locked in, it gave me a similar alarm after flying normally for several minutes.
But it could be one of the cells is below par.
You could try the full discharge procedure even if it wasn't due yet.

Thanks I will keep an eye on this battery to see if it happens again.

All the cells look ok.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 12.31.21.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 12.31.21.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 600
saao said:
Bad battery could be an issue clean the connectors with detoxing that would be the first step if u have another battery try with that You I'll be able to localise the issue

Never understood why DJI didnt make them spring loaded so that they push against the contacts as opposed to just sitting against them

crash1sttime said:
saao said:
Bad battery could be an issue clean the connectors with detoxing that would be the first step if u have another battery try with that You I'll be able to localise the issue

Never understood why DJI didnt make them spring loaded so that they push against the contacts as opposed to just sitting against them

Mine ARE sprung loaded. !

robinb, this happened to one of my batteries. I haven't run into that issue again though since cleaning my battery contacts with DeoXit clean spray. I clean them about every 10 flights.

msinger said:
robinb, this happened to one of my batteries. I haven't run into that issue again though since cleaning my battery contacts with DeoXit clean spray. I clean them about every 10 flights.

+1 :cool:

Cant get that product this side of pond but have something similar will give a go with.

cheers

Well depends what you call cold.

But yesterday it was a very pleasant 22 deg C :)

71 certainly isn't cold. Asking because at low temps mine does that too under heavy amp draw. I have pretty much given up on flying until the weather warms up as I don't trust the batteries.

Dirty Bird said:
71 certainly isn't cold. Asking because at low temps mine does that too under heavy amp draw. I have pretty much given up on flying until the weather warms up as I don't trust the batteries.

I have seen videos of the V2 flying in snow and ice at sub or near zero (in new money) temps without problem but battery life would be effected.

In Maryland I think its above that most days. ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4