WARNING! P2V NOT dead after crash!

Reaction score
I set the NAZA-M mode last night and took quad out to check the course lock and home lock. Got seven satellites and went up a few feet. Moved away about 75 feet into the driveway and tested these two modes. They worked great. The wind was not much but the quad did drift around more than normal. Both switches full forward. I took a few seconds to check the phone for satellite number and the quad drifted into the limbs of a pine tree. Thump, thump, crash. Only up about 6 feet. Landed upside down. This is where the second mistake took place. I set the controller down and ran over to the quad about 60 feet away. It was laying there in the edge of the woods looking dead. NO prop movement. I reached down and picked it up. As soon as those props were off the ground, they took off with a roar. I tried to shut it off with the battery button. No luck. So I just held on and moved fast to the controller. Pushed the stick all the way down and waited. A few seconds later the quad shut down. I had no idea the quad was not dead. I did not want to let it go when it fired up because I had no idea where it was going to go. Part that ticket me off the most is the two broken tips on two props.
So don't think your quad is dead after a crash and never leave your controller. Bummer.

Nice post!
Imagine if you had the carbon props on, could have sliced you up like the guy who posted the video of him getting gashed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav