Warning on display??? Please help

Reaction score
Hey all! I just went out to try and do some flying and this message kept flashing real fast then disappearing on the left side of the display. It's says:

Warning: Landing gear. Take care of your gimble in landing.

I'm not sure what it means or what's going on here??? Has anyone ever seen this warning message before?

I just did a gimble calibration (successfully) and the warning message still flashes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Here's a screen shot of the actual warning:
F234AB50-8202-40F4-995D-DEAEFA2E3E2F_zps8nwnm102.jpg

And when I look at the flight log it goes on for days because it flashes every few seconds:

9B013AC3-FF50-427A-8CC2-D4308455EFF5_zpskgtzgoio.png

I'm a little frustrated here. Can't understand why all the sudden this warning is showing up. :(

Ok, so I just looked at the DJI DO4 app and it turns out that it had a self update today. I wonder if the update has a glitch that is making it think the Phantom 4 has retractable landing gear??

Seems like a reasonable warning for say, the Inspire, if the landing gear was stuck in the up position or something??

77D97703-4716-46CE-B8C8-F2D32B4D0929_zpsmqanmw3l.jpg

So looking at the actual update notes I've discovered that a gimble sensitivity update was done under "general" updates. I wonder if there is a glitch.

9C7BBF28-207E-4B30-93B4-6510F53E327C_zpsb4hrrpsg.jpg

Sorry but I was laughing at your post, I was having Star Wars visions of my P4 doing weird stuff coming in to land.. Just checked for any updates and there it is, have you tried it out yet?

Wow.. has no one else flown the DJIGO4 update with the P4?? Any issues if you have...?

No but I was watching it for a few minutes to see if some transformer thing was going to eventuate. LMAO thinking about your post. Wife thinks I'm stupid.

Thanks for your input. Not sure how my post is funny though. o_O

Looks like an alert for Inspire if landing gear would not come down or partially. Possible craft model detection issue; I would check in GO App if RC and craft S/N's and firmware versions are showing up normally.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Looks like an alert for Inspire if landing gear would not come down or partially. Possible craft model detection issue; I would check in GO App if RC and craft S/N's and firmware versions are showing up normally.

That definitely sounds plausible.
I'll have to check serial numbers today.
Does anyone know when DJI offices are open again?

Got same message just now. Xeno, I have a gimbal guard attached, by chance did you as well? Thanks

Got same message just now. Xeno, I have a gimbal guard attached, by chance did you as well? Thanks

No gimble guard here. Strange you got the same message as well. Have you ever got it before either? I'm assuming your running off of the new DJIGO4 update as well on a P4?

This afternoon was the first time I got it, and yes I'm running Djigo4. it's super annoying because it literally flashes on and off forever. Also it flashes so fast it took me a good 10 minutes to actually catch the whole message and that was with staring at it!!!

Reactions: Flyguyrceric
Wow! I'm fairly convinced that it's definitely a bug in the update now and not a problem with my P4. And SPD, it also took me nearly the entire flight as well to read the warning because it flashes super fast one time after another. I was able to get a screen grab from my flight records.

Hopefully DJI will push down a patch to fix the bug.

Reactions: SPD
Phew what a relief to see other people having this issue after the update. I was just about to exchange my drone. Didn't think the app would be the issue but thank god it is! Healthy drones caught 144 errors for the entire flight :sweatsmile:

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 459

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers