WARNING - major errors on 3rd flight after firmware update

I know a lot of you are pissed that your quad is not working right, but there are thousands of us that are not having any problems. You just don't hear about us because you mainly see post of people with problems. Phantoms are very complicated. It is amazing that they work as good as they do. There are a thousands things that have to work right to get off the ground, but it only takes one thing to go wrong to make it not work right. Give DJI a break. If your bird is not working right and you can't fix it yourself, you are simply going to have to send it back and wait until they fix it. I know it sucks, but they simply can't send out a new quad to everybody that has a problem.
Cant wait for some software to screw up your bird. Bet you wont be as calm as us. If I crash it I can live with it bc it was my mistake, however this BS of not being able to revert back to older software is a ******* joke. DJI "tech support" is a ******* joke. I am not going to rip on it being a Chinese company like @AbsPapa

Reactions: AbsPapa
Oh, their Tech Support. Don't get me started. To say it sucks is being nice. The people they have their don't even know the products. And what about the wait. One Techi told me that he was there all night and he was tired. So he passes me to another techy.

Well you seem to be one of the few that got lucky after your firmware update. Have you read about all that have updated and all is whacky? I'm one. Updated to v1.2.6 and my P3P flys very sh_tty now.
I have surely read about the firmware troubles.
However I do not consider myself one of the lucky ones. I think it is more like you are among the unlucky ones.
If all the Phantom 3 owners would have problems and post about it, this thread would have 600 pages.
Everyday there are new Phantom videos on youtube so the people is flying and enjoying their phantom.

I know there are problems, problems that should not be there and that the latest firmware may have created some issues that didn't existed before. And I know a number of people is fustrated and agry because this and I surely understand them.
But think on this, even Microsoft or other large and known companies have software updates problems.

I understand you may feel fustrated. I belive DJI would produce a new firmware soon and I hope we all can enjoy flying.
The Phantom is an awesome aircraft IMHO

Cant wait for some software to screw up your bird. Bet you wont be as calm as us. If I crash it I can live with it bc it was my mistake, however this BS of not being able to revert back to older software is a ******* joke. DJI "tech support" is a ******* joke. I am not going to rip on it being a Chinese company like @AbsPapa
When I bought my P3P, the thing that went through my mind was, can I afford to lose $1250. I know that flying a quad copter is like riding a motorcycle, if you do it long enough, sooner or later you are going to crash. It my quad screws up, whether it's my fault, or the birds fault, I'll be pissed, but I'm not going to get on here and bad mouth DJI. Maybe it's their fault, and maybe it isn't. There is no way to know for sure. There are so many electronic signals out there that can screw up one of these birds that we don't know exactly what makes these things screw up. It could be a broken wire, bad solder joint, bad software, interference from something, a component went bad, operator error, it could be a million things that DJI has no control over. When my bird screws up, which I'm sure it will sooner or later, I'll deal with it. Nothing is 100% trouble free. DJI is probably dealing with a bunch of people that crashed their bird or have a non working bird for one reason or another. I'm sorry your quad is not working correctly, but you pays your money, and you takes your chances. Send it back and wait till they fix it. That's about all you can do.

In my opinion the concept is awesome. But this is no small amount of money we invest in these drones. The manufacturer (DJI) should have tested what they put out before taking our money. During that testing they would have had to experience the problems many of us our experiencing. They don't fly like they were supposed to. Look at all the problems people are experiencing. And to matters worse, they put out a firmware that fixed minor bugs but caused many more serious bugs. My P3P used to hover like a rock. I put in the firmware v1.2.6. Now it bounces all over the place, it drifts to the right and to the left. I have to stay right with it or I'm going to lose it. So I'm warning anyone who is thinking about buying one of these to beware.

When I bought my P3P, the thing that went through my mind was, can I afford to lose $1250. I know that flying a quad copter is like riding a motorcycle, if you do it long enough, sooner or later you are going to crash. It my quad screws up, whether it's my fault, or the birds fault, I'll be pissed, but I'm not going to get on here and bad mouth DJI. Maybe it's their fault, and maybe it isn't. There is no way to know for sure. There are so many electronic signals out there that can screw up one of these birds that we don't know exactly what makes these things screw up. It could be a broken wire, bad solder joint, bad software, interference from something, a component went bad, operator error, it could be a million things that DJI has no control over. When my bird screws up, which I'm sure it will sooner or later, I'll deal with it. Nothing is 100% trouble free. DJI is probably dealing with a bunch of people that crashed their bird or have a non working bird for one reason or another. I'm sorry your quad is not working correctly, but you pays your money, and you takes your chances. Send it back and wait till they fix it. That's about all you can do.
Your're listening to my point; Forget the money, I won this thing playing blackjack. Technically it was free and last night screwing around I won some good $$ so I might just buy another one.

My point is it is total ******** you cant downgrade the firmware. Who rolls out firmware to the masses that cant be undone. That is why I am pissed. At least give me a fighting chance that I can undo the mistake.
Also their tech support is so embarrassing. 30+ minutes on hold to speak to someone who knows zero about the product is insane.
The 6-8 week wait time is also a joke.

Reactions: AbsPapa
Amazon is replacing it with a new one no questions asked. It's part of these A to Z policy. They saw all of my communication with the seller regarding the software issue and said don't send it back to DJI, it's absurd they have such a long wait, we will just send you a new one. Thanks amazon for picking up DJIs slack and taking care of your customers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ari
This is what happened to my camera after the update. Very pissed I did the update....
Looks like something hit the right side of your camera....can see a what looks like a nic on the lens cap.....am I seeing things?

Amazon is replacing it with a new one no questions asked. It's part of these A to Z policy. They saw all of my communication with the seller regarding the software issue and said don't send it back to DJI, it's absurd they have such a long wait, we will just send you a new one. Thanks amazon for picking up DJIs slack and taking care of your customers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking about just buying another one on amazon with an amex card and using this as a backup for parts...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj