Warning lights and P2 not taking off with original control (but flying away with different control)!

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots,

I purchased a (second (hand)) P2 but I have not managed to fly it so far!

The first issue I have encoutered is the (1) green light and (3) flashing red lights.

Secondly it will not take off with the original controller. It doesn't sound like it has enough power but it took off fine with my other controller but then I had no control whatsoever once it had gone up to around 6 metres! Fortunately it came down a few seconds later and landed a few metres away from me. I am sure they are both the same GHz though...!

Any information/tips would be greatly appreciated before it flies off for good!

Thanks in anticipation.

Dan

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You will need to provide a few more details so we can try to solve your issue. Things like is this your first flying RC. What firmware is it on? What type is the second controller you tried? Have you connected it to the assistant and done a full calibration? Same with the controller, has it been connected to the controller assistant? You will find the software on the DJI page. Navigate to your bird then at the top click the downloads link and choose the appropriate software. You will also want to read up on compass calibration too.

Hello Phantom Pilots,

I purchased a (second (hand)) P2 but I have not managed to fly it so far!

The first issue I have encoutered is the (1) green light and (3) flashing red lights.

Secondly it will not take off with the original controller. It doesn't sound like it has enough power but it took off fine with my other controller but then I had no control whatsoever once it had gone up to around 6 metres! Fortunately it came down a few seconds later and landed a few metres away from me. I am sure they are both the same GHz though...!

Any information/tips would be greatly appreciated before it flies off for good!

Thanks in anticipation.

Dan

There is a tag on the bottom of controller if it is either a 2.4Ghz for a P2 NV or a 5.8Ghz which is for a P2 Vision/Vision+. On the underside of the P2 with battery facing away from you there is a controller linking button on the right side. With the controller off that linking LED will be red and if you turn on the controller it turn green. To link either controller to the P2 turn on and a small screwdriver push down and hold the switch until it blinks red and release. You cannot both controllers only one so If you have NDJ6 with tilt wheel on the side link that one as long as it is 2.4Ghz unit.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your responses!

It is my first time flying RC's.

The Phantom I bought is a P330Z with a 2.4GHz NDJ6 Remote Control.

The Phantom Main Controller is on 3.14, GPS (no loader) is on 6.0.1.4, Receiver-Phantom2 is on 1.0.0.0, P330CB is on 1.0.2.10 and the Battery is on 2.6.0.0.

The second Remote Control I tried with it is also the 2.4GHz NDJ6 Remote Control for the P330Z that was purchased for me.

I have only just got around to connecting it to the Phantom Assistant but am unfamiliar with it so wouldn't know where to begin with regards to the calibration!

I have carried out the compass calibration but the issue and flashing lights still remain...

Does the information I have provided help at all?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20