WARNING for P4 Buyers

Reaction score
Just a quick note if you are buying an iPad for the Phantom 4. It's clear to me now that the iPad Air 2 has a software/firmware problem with the P3 . . and vice vera. I had a new P4 with iPad 4 Mini . . . worked great. Tried to get a bigger screen (iPad Air 2) . . both 64Gig latest iOS. Whenever you try to connect the Air to a P4 it thinks the P3 is a P3Pro and will only allow connection as a P3 . . . which means, no Camera and no P4 functions. I switched it back to the P4 . . . works perfectly. I had done a return at BEST BUY. They were very good even though I was just over the 2 week grace period . . . they sold me the iPad Air 10" screen for just $50 more. Then I spent the entire evening and 5am to 9am the next morning trying all the great suggestions on this and other Foums. NOTHING worked. Thanks CCDD nice try but no joy. When I went back to the store the next day ( only 14hrs later they could not be nicer and understood . .. swapped it out right away an transferred everything but the dji GO app . . back flying again and happy as S%*t. I'd say considering an iPad Air 2. . . . don't bother. It will just make more gray hairs.

Reactions: Aunt G and flpholt
Not really sure what you're actually talking about. Why is this a warning, because something happened to you?

Reactions: AUSPETE and Oso
Just a quick note if you are buying an iPad for the Phantom 4. It's clear to me now that the iPad Air 2 has a software/firmware problem with the P3 . . and vice vera. I had a new P4 with iPad 4 Mini . . . worked great. Tried to get a bigger screen (iPad Air 2) . . both 64Gig latest iOS. Whenever you try to connect the Air to a P4 it thinks the P3 is a P3Pro and will only allow connection as a P3 . . . which means, no Camera and no P4 functions. I switched it back to the P4 . . . works perfectly. I had done a return at BEST BUY. They were very good even though I was just over the 2 week grace period . . . they sold me the iPad Air 10" screen for just $50 more. Then I spent the entire evening and 5am to 9am the next morning trying all the great suggestions on this and other Foums. NOTHING worked. Thanks CCDD nice try but no joy. When I went back to the store the next day ( only 14hrs later they could not be nicer and understood . .. swapped it out right away an transferred everything but the dji GO app . . back flying again and happy as S%*t. I'd say considering an iPad Air 2. . . . don't bother. It will just make more gray hairs.
Not sure what was the problem with your iPad Air 2. I have iPad mini 2 and iPad Air 2 and couple more iOS devices and I'm able to use all of them with RC and AC

Impeccable Air 2 64gb Cellular here. Never an interruption or problematic concern. Awesome performance since day one. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I have a P3P and use an iPad Air 2 wifi+cellular. Other than the crappy display in sunlight - I haven't experienced any issues with the system.

iPad Air 2 - iPhone 6 - iPad 2 all work great with my P3P although iPad 2 screen too large for holder on the RC but hey l can live with that

air 2 and iPhone 6 with no issues
flight a dusk in the canyons =
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mario_SB
Not really sure what you're actually talking about. Why is this a warning, because something happened to you?
I just meant don't spend a bunch of money on an iPad Air 2 and and all the frustration and have to deal with sending it back and etc . . trying to save people the aggravation I went through even though I did not lose any money. Maybe WARNING was the wrong word . . I was just very frustrated after the whole ordeal.
Cheers!

This may vary by specific model / carriers. I have a iPad Air 2 that works great with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Phantom 4! It happens to be one I got from Sprint..... don't know if that makes a difference. Just my input.

I had this issue with my P3A when I switched to an IPad Air 2 from my iPhone 6. I couldn't use it at all though. I wiped the IPad Air through iTunes after putting it in DFU mode and it resolved the issue and was showing as a P3A instead of a P3S. These instructions were from CCDD in a previous forum and it must be in DFU mode and restored as new.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic