Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. David Cooke

Just a quick note if you are buying an iPad for the Phantom 4. It's clear to me now that the iPad Air 2 has a software/firmware problem with the P3 . . and vice vera. I had a new P4 with iPad 4 Mini . . . worked great. Tried to get a bigger screen (iPad Air 2) . . both 64Gig latest iOS. Whenever you try to connect the Air to a P4 it thinks the P3 is a P3Pro and will only allow connection as a P3 . . . which means, no Camera and no P4 functions. I switched it back to the P4 . . . works perfectly. I had done a return at BEST BUY. They were very good even though I was just over the 2 week grace period . . . they sold me the iPad Air 10" screen for just $50 more. Then I spent the entire evening and 5am to 9am the next morning trying all the great suggestions on this and other Foums. NOTHING worked. Thanks CCDD nice try but no joy. When I went back to the store the next day ( only 14hrs later they could not be nicer and understood . .. swapped it out right away an transferred everything but the dji GO app . . back flying again and happy as S%*t. I'd say considering an iPad Air 2. . . . don't bother. It will just make more gray hairs.

Aunt G and flpholt like this.
  2. shockwave199

Not really sure what you're actually talking about. Why is this a warning, because something happened to you?

AUSPETE and Oso like this.
  3. alokbhargava

Not sure what was the problem with your iPad Air 2. I have iPad mini 2 and iPad Air 2 and couple more iOS devices and I'm able to use all of them with RC and AC

Cale262 and skyhighdiver like this.
  4. spookypilot76

+1

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. RedHotPoker

Impeccable Air 2 64gb Cellular here. Never an interruption or problematic concern. Awesome performance since day one. ;-)

RedHotPoker

NorthcountySD and bradbrok like this.
  6. SteveAikens

I have a P3P and use an iPad Air 2 wifi+cellular. Other than the crappy display in sunlight - I haven't experienced any issues with the system.

7. Curasail

iPad Air 2 - iPhone 6 - iPad 2 all work great with my P3P although iPad 2 screen too large for holder on the RC but hey l can live with that

8. happydays

I also have an air 2 and iphone6 - both in regular use with no issues.

9. Donw35

air 2 and iPhone 6 with no issues
    flight a dusk in the canyons =

Mario_SB likes this.
  10. David Cooke

Yes my P4 worked fine with iPhone 5s too all functions worked without a hitch . . . if your eyes are under 30yrs old . . video was a bit jumpy . . but no luck at all connecting to the Air 2

11. David Cooke

I just meant don't spend a bunch of money on an iPad Air 2 and and all the frustration and have to deal with sending it back and etc . . trying to save people the aggravation I went through even though I did not lose any money. Maybe WARNING was the wrong word . . I was just very frustrated after the whole ordeal.
    Cheers!

12. David Cooke

That's right . . works fine with P3, P3 Pro etc. it's the P4 that the Air2 does not like (recognize)

13. Phantomsphere

Not so, I have the large screen Air 2 and my Phantom 4 operates flawlessly. No problems.

14. With The Birds

I fly IPAD A2 and various android devices. Never a glitch on the Air2.... GO, LItchi, Autopilot, Dronepan.... All good.

15. druss2001

I have a p3p with iPad Air 2 and have no issues either.

16. Jim Carr

This may vary by specific model / carriers. I have a iPad Air 2 that works great with both my Phantom 3 Pro and my Phantom 4! It happens to be one I got from Sprint..... don't know if that makes a difference. Just my input.

17. David Tolsky

My plan is to buy a used iPad 2 mini and a Hoodman tall shade. All the size I need.

18. YoshiK1

I had this issue with my P3A when I switched to an IPad Air 2 from my iPhone 6. I couldn't use it at all though. I wiped the IPad Air through iTunes after putting it in DFU mode and it resolved the issue and was showing as a P3A instead of a P3S. These instructions were from CCDD in a previous forum and it must be in DFU mode and restored as new.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

19. BlueSkies

Phantom 4 and Inspire 1. iPad Air2, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s Plus.

Never any issues.

20. David Cooke

Good to know. My iPhone 5s was fine too but video a bit patchy. 2 days of trying everything could not get Air 2 to recognize P4 as a P4.