WARNING for GO App

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is never anything wrong with a reality check. And nothing is being said over the past 2 hours that wasnt said seconds after the OP.

And this isn't the first thread about this. The Go app has been out for how long? And threads like this popped up instantly as soon as the first people noticed. This kind of thing can happen with ANY app, not just DJI. Developers can change the name of an app, change the opening splash graphic, and people freak out because they had auto update turned on but didn't pay attention to what was updating. Same thing with people and Windows auto update for the last 20 years.

It seems like that kind of sucks. DJI set it up that way evidently to wipe out the Pilot App upon downloading Go App. Wonder what they are thinking. You are the first one to warn us. I wonder if your Pilot App would have been stored in the cloud?

AO, where at are you in AR? I visit friends in Pine Bluff and Little Rock a couple times a year.

Jesus Christ Guys and Gals,
I did not think that my posting about loosing the Pilot App would cause so much controversy. It is just that in the past, we have downloaded supposed improvements, only to see them blow up in our faces. The Phantom 2 is a case in point to name one.

I have since downloaded all the new firmware for my P3P and P3S, which includes the controllers and such. So yeah, I am now using the DJI Go update to fly my Phantoms. My original point was that I lost the PILOT APP without my permission. That was all I was trying to WARN people about.

So if you all go back and read my original post, you will see this and that I am being truthful with you. I still believe that DJI should have made the DJI GO App a completely separate ICON in the Apps page and not over written and removed it without permission with the ability to keep the original App in case it is needed or wanted.

Case in point, the new Go App limits height and distance to 500 meters for both, which applies to all P3's. So we lost height and distance Folks, with the new DJI Go app. If I am wrong on the height and distance, then please let me know. I would also like to be able to download the old Pilot App if someone has it.

AO, where at are you in AR? I visit friends in Pine Bluff and Little Rock a couple times a year.
I am north of Lake Ouachita.

Jesus Christ Guys and Gals,
I did not think that my posting about loosing the Pilot App would cause so much controversy. It is just that in the past, we have downloaded supposed improvements, only to see them blow up in our faces. The Phantom 2 is a case in point to name one.

I have since downloaded all the new firmware for my P3P and P3S, which includes the controllers and such. So yeah, I am now using the DJI Go update to fly my Phantoms. My original point was that I lost the PILOT APP without my permission. That was all I was trying to WARN people about.

So if you all go back and read my original post, you will see this and that I am being truthful with you. I still believe that DJI should have made the DJI GO App a completely separate ICON in the Apps page and not over written and removed it without permission with the ability to keep the original App in case it is needed or wanted.

Case in point, the new Go App limits height and distance to 500 meters for both, which applies to all P3's. So we lost height and distance Folks, with the new DJI Go app. If I am wrong on the height and distance, then please let me know. I would also like to be able to download the old Pilot App if someone has it.
First, you said you lost an app without permission... YOU told it to update, or didnt tell it not too
Second, its the same app, so why would it exist twice?
Third.. They did NOT reduce the range! I have 6 flights today that were over a mile.

Ah, I have no idea where that is lol!
Google up Lake Ouachita or Lena Landing in Federal Parks and Campgrounds, then you will know.

First, you said you lost an app without permission... YOU told it to update, or didnt tell it not too
Second, its the same app, so why would it exist twice?
Third.. They did NOT reduce the range! I have 6 flights today that were over a mile.
If you flew over a mile today then I am really pleased to hear that. Will see if I can do the same in the near future. Thanks

Hey Guys and Gals,

If you have more than one Phantom like I do, be highly advised that you will loose the PILOT APP if you download the GO APP on the same device. The GO APP will automatically replace the Pilot App on your device.

I was stupid and thought that the GO App would show up in my Apps Page as a separate App, but it replaced my DJI Pilot App, without my permission.

DJI does not tell you this anywhere, so be advised. I personally wanted to keep the DJI Pilot App and now have lost it. It worked great with my P3P.

I had actually bought another iOS tablet for my new P3S but could not get the App Store to open in the tablet, I wanted to have one tablet dedicated to each Phantom 3 I own. Since the App Store would not open, I elected to use my dedicated Tablet with DJI Pilot App and see if I could open the App Store, which it did, so went ahead and downloaded the Go App for the P3S and in so doing lost the Pilot App.

DJI needs to return the original PILOT App for download for those of us who want to keep it and use it on our P3P's. With DJI's messing up firmware and anything else, they need to keep the original programs available.

Check you trash from itunes it will still be there if you had backed it up to your computer put in a folder and delete the new app in itunes and put back the old app and resync the phone or tablet ....

all api apps should be backed up if you want to go back ,,,all apps that I want to keep I put in a folder from old to new api apps that way you can go back to support old software .....SO ANYBODY that whats a why to go back... check your trash and pull them out before you loose it and save all new apps in folder out of itunes so copy them.......

And this isn't the first thread about this. The Go app has been out for how long? And threads like this popped up instantly as soon as the first people noticed. This kind of thing can happen with ANY app, not just DJI. Developers can change the name of an app, change the opening splash graphic, and people freak out because they had auto update turned on but didn't pay attention to what was updating. Same thing with people and Windows auto update for the last 20 years.
And so your point is what? These people are all stupid and shouldn't be allowed to own a drone? Learn to just deal with it. Maybe just move on without making a comment if you can't offer any help to that person that doesn't have a degree in computers.

And so your point is what? These people are all stupid and shouldn't be allowed to own a drone? Learn to just deal with it. Maybe just move on without making a comment if you can't offer any help to that person that doesn't have a degree in computers.
My point was that the fact that the app updated isn't news. Many other threads on it, so the OP shouldn't have been so surprised by it. You don't need a degree in computers, just the ability to read.

Now for Something Completely Different.
corn.jpg

So the Pilot app is now called Go? Thanks for that warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member