Warning: Flying With Carry-on "Tools" Prohibited!

Reaction score
Recently transited through Delhi airport on my way to and from Kathmandu with a DJI P2+.

Delhi is often an adventure, even if you're just connecting flights without a UAV. Security is slow and often haphazard. I had no problem going, but on my way back, had a major kerfuffle: No "tools" of any kind are allowed in carry-on. Any kind. Here's what they removed:

IMG_3985-M.jpg

Yep, even the allen wrenches (I put the coin in for scale, not bribery:)). I assumed it was a scam, but looked it up later and indeed "tools" are forbidden on flights from India. I eventually got a supervisor who found an airline rep who shipped it all in a checked-luggage bag. I had plenty of time between connections, so no great loss except for the 45 minutes it took to get through the process.

I'm still looking for a web site that focuses on international travel and UAV's. Some airports are routine, some require explosives swipe tests (Munich), some just wave you through. And of course, some countries forbid UAV's altogether.

I'm amazed any airport security in the world would allow you on a flight with a set of screwdrivers that could be used for say, stabbing...????
I've funny memories of both Delhi international and national airports myself :)

i have a kit like that i leave in my back pack and i have accidentally flown with that stuff in my bag many times once it was flagged and they just made me put it in my checked bag. I travel with lots of cables, adapters, wires, external hard drives and other devices so i used to getting raked over the coals at security. They are so inconsistent from one airport to another

Reactions: henryten

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers