Warning: Don't Fly With Battery Issues

Reaction score
OK, first got Phantom 2 Vision mid Nov. Flew just fine. Did 1.05 updates (drone and rc). It began to act differently, like as in getting invalid battery sign and abnormal communication with battery. But, when the klaxon sounded and it began to lower, I could still power it up and bring it back to a safe landing. Then, did the next update. Double checked. Good. All good. Tried to fly, but got erratic battery readings but could still safely land or fly but with caution.
Then, today, took out to see if battery issues still there. Took off, hovered over soft area for a few minutes. Flew back and forth over soft ground. Then, decided to go to 30 feet and cross street. Right in the middle of the street the klaxon sounded and it began to lower. I gave more throttle and began to bring it back but the power cut totally out and it fell and hit the curb. Not good.

Now I'll be sending it back to Heli-World.

The problems of this invalid battery and abnormal communication with battery issues are, apparently, causing birds to fall out of the sky. This is a serious problem for the company. LOL, and for us, its customers.

What firmware versions were you running when it fell from the sky, please?

it is the latest...1.08 i think....am away from pc with assistant on it. updated both flyer and rc. yes, that means removing the back of the rc, something that i've learned to do properly. all controls have been calibrated. i had been doing tests with it ziptied to a platform to confirm that the power would ramp up even with abnormal communication with battery issue. so, this time took it away from static testing to flying...and, BOOM!

dear skeptic, i don't need to waste time with you...i would simply recommend to other readers to see the recent posts from others who have the invalid battery and abnormal communication with battery issues.

and, you can review my continuous posting about this same issue.

I dreaded installing the 1.08 version, but I did. I went in to the app, powered up everything after the install. Got the "Invalid battery" warning. I did not fly it, but I did turn everything off and pulled the battery out and reinserted it. I gave it a little tap, like you would tap in a magizine in a gun, and did not have the warning again.

It seems that this is a reoccuring problem when updates are done. I guess I am going to have to hold my breath again when I fly it.

Chuck

Firestat said:
I dreaded installing the 1.08 version, but I did. I went in to the app, powered up everything after the install. Got the "Invalid battery" warning. I did not fly it, but I did turn everything off and pulled the battery out and reinserted it. I gave it a little tap, like you would tap in a magizine in a gun, and did not have the warning again.

It seems that this is a reoccuring problem when updates are done. I guess I am going to have to hold my breath again when I fly it.

Chuck

Did you also update the transmitter? If you do the 1.08 update and do not update the transmitter you will get the "invalid battery" warning.

thank you, ahill...yes, your question is a good one. yes, i updated both the pv2 and the rc. i have the older transmitter that has to have the cover removed to update. but i looked at all the assistance screens and all versions on all devices were up to date.

Firestat said:
I guess I did not realize that the TX needed updated, too. I will check that first thing tomorrow. What is the Ver. Number I should be looking for?

Check the DJI website. Right now it is showing 1.0.2.22 11/5/2013 as the last update for the transmitter. It would have to be done with Phantom RC assistant, not with Phantom 2 assistant.

since i did the latest fw update when i give it full power to climb the lights on the phantom flash red and the iphone flashes red but no klaxon. battery reports the standard % its just that the lights flash which is worrysome

Migmon said:
since i did the latest fw update when i give it full power to climb the lights on the phantom flash red and the iphone flashes red but no klaxon. battery reports the standard % its just that the lights flash which is worrysome

Yes I have this same issue... Flashing red lights and red battery status on the app... but flys normally... this only happens when doing sudden moves and when its cold out like 45F

Just got my Phantom 2 Vision on the 23rd of Dec 2013.

1. Is this from old stock, as it doesn't have a USB port on the transmitter?
2. Even though I've connected the Quad to the Assistant and performed updates - I don't get a battery reading at all.

Haven't taken it for a flight, as I'm worried something is not right with this thing. I can't even get the camera to move all the way up to LEVEL with the app.

Already in argument about getting the Christmas promotion of a FREE secondary battery - So far my experience is not good with DJI products, and it's not even gone airborne yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair