Warning don't buy a Phantom, here is why?

Gary39 said:
Hi Dennis, Guess we have the same distributor uav ? I had trouble with mine too, got it fixed but had sent an e-mail to Robert on how to fix, still no reply. I don't think dji is giving their distrbutors any answers, and the dists. don't know how to answer. Should have bought the witespy with Quadrino like I started to do.

I heard Robert was a good guy, from UAV Products, frankly his service is crap, still waiting for a replacement Phantom, and would not send a replacement from his stock. There is one guy here, who's dealer replaced it, so would never deal with UAV Products again, advise no one buy from them. Some of us are getting crap deals with replacement Phantoms.

His service is simply not good enough, and somehow doubt I will even have a new replaced Phantom all, it's gone like vapour software.

jdjeff said:
I don't know if I would tell someone to buy a phantom....or not to buy a phantom for that matter. I have mixed feelings considering the runaway issue alone. But I can say that my dealer promptly replaced my phantom when I called them to tell them none of my props would fit on 3 of the motor shafts. I saw all the threads in here where people were trimming a little, pushing a little harder, trimming a little more. My dealer agreed that there had to be an issue with the motor shafts and DID NOT recommend altering the props to make them fit. He told me to send the phantom back and he would send me a replacement. He did, and he also checked the props for fitment prior to sending out the replacement. Upon receipt of the returned phantom, he checked out my claim and emailed me to tell me there was no way he could get the props on...basically confirming my claim.

Redrockethobbies.com has been fantastic. So much so that I'm a return customer for some other big ticket items. And without checking with DJI, or making me jump through any hoops, they cheerfully and promptly replaced my phantom.

I'm still on the fence on whether I did the right thing in buying a phantom. I'm getting nervous with the increasing disappearing phantoms and I am in the process of doing a Spektrum upgrade and I will be stuck with it after that. But what I can say is that my dealer took care of my needs...and fast. Granted, there was no air time on the bird, but there was no sending me another set of props or dragging it on and on like some others have been reporting.

My suggestion is: If you are going to buy a phantom...if you really have to have one....buy from a reputable RC Hobby Store. At least you have the advantage of talking to someone who knows and understands the hobby if nothing else.
Yep Redrockethobbies is certainly a great company! I wish I could find mine, they said they would replace it and I believe them

Yep Redrockethobbies is certainly a great company! I wish I could find mine, they said they would replace it and I believe them

I bought mine from Red Rocket Hobbies, too! Great store and very friendly people running it! Support your local hobby shop whenever possible.

I hope you get a replacement Phantom soon!

Yea Robert, they must be following dji protocol also, why can't you replace from your stock ? Are you the great dealer you claim to be or another grab the bucks while you can dealer ???

Gary39 said:
Yea Robert, they must be following dji protocol also, why can't you replace from your stock ? Are you the great dealer you claim to be or another grab the bucks while you can dealer ???

Well it is when something goes wrong do you actually find out the good dealers from bad and frankly UAV Products is simply a bad company to deal with, never again will they get my money, and after some of the comments on here, of Robert being a nice guy and to deal with, then your proven wrong, his service frankly sucks, and hope many here and who read this never deal with him again.

Hi Dennis, I guess Roberts way of dealing with the phantom problem is " don't deal with it at all ". He hasn't answered my e-mails either. I was going by all the good things I heard about him when I bought mine too. Like you say Guess you find out who the best really are. Unfortunately we found out too late.

Hey Dennis, if you want a great little quad to fly in the house, or outdoors on a not too windy day, check out the wltoys v929 at Banggood. $45.with trasmitter, free shipping. Or for $2 more the v949 with leds. I got both. What a machine, you can't believe it for the price. Stable, cheap to buy, cheap to run, about 10 - 14 mins. fly time. I bought nano tech 600mah from HK for about $2.50 each. Flew it all winter,batteries never lost any power. Did I say free shipping.incl. transmitter, It looks like it is made by Walkera. Battery charger included with euro.adaptrs, and 1, 500mah battery. You can't beat it If you ever get your phantom back, after flying this the phantom is childs play. This thng is bigger than the beetle that walkera makes, I think theirs is called ladybug or ladybird. This is twice that size. parts are cheaper than dirt, and all are in abundant supply.Update just checked them, on sale 15% off $39.66.Make sure you get the RTF.

Gary39 said:
Hi Dennis, I guess Roberts way of dealing with the phantom problem is " don't deal with it at all ". He hasn't answered my e-mails either. I was going by all the good things I heard about him when I bought mine too. Like you say Guess you find out who the best really are. Unfortunately we found out too late.

Good News Gary, got a refund from him. If you paid by Paypal, then take up a dispute with Paypal and get a refund. That was my next option, but did not have to. Tell him you demand a refund. If you still hear nothing go through Paypal. Now going to get a replacement Phantom.

It is a shame as I heard he was a great dealer, which made my choice to go through them, how wrong I was. All solved now, of to order another Phantom.

Great news Dennis. I'm really happy for you, can't imagine the frustration,actually I can. I got mine fixed with the help of some good people on this forum,but out of curiosity I didn't inform Robert of it. I still haven't got a reply from him. I was going to out fit my helis with dji stuff, but after this display of service, neither Robert or dji are in the picture anymore. I was thinking about another v929 for that price, $39.66 but they don't wear out and you can't break anything on them,so I have two,and great indoor machines they are to keep stick time up. Congratulations again for getting the refund,you deserve it. I'm waiting for Bruces' review of the phantom. He tells it like it is. Good Luck my friend, happy flying !

Yeah! FINALLY.

It'll be good to have you back among the living, Dennis.

Sac D said:
Yeah! FINALLY.

It'll be good to have you back among the living, Dennis.

Sure will. Got my Craftcase and balancer, and no Phantom, so will be good to have my case with Phantom inside. Also seen on Ebay Carbon Fiber blades, will get a set of these to go on the Phantom.

Gary39 said:
Great news Dennis. I'm really happy for you, can't imagine the frustration,actually I can. I got mine fixed with the help of some good people on this forum,but out of curiosity I didn't inform Robert of it. I still haven't got a reply from him. I was going to out fit my helis with dji stuff, but after this display of service, neither Robert or dji are in the picture anymore. I was thinking about another v929 for that price, $39.66 but they don't wear out and you can't break anything on them,so I have two,and great indoor machines they are to keep stick time up. Congratulations again for getting the refund,you deserve it. I'm waiting for Bruces' review of the phantom. He tells it like it is. Good Luck my friend, happy flying !

Gary I still don't understand why DJI have told them to follow Protocol, yet other dealers, from reading on here, just replaced the Phantom.

I only hope the new one connects to PC, seems many do not, no matter what you do, making your phantom effectively useless, because at some point you have to calibrate your MUI, if you cannot, all your left to do is bin your Phantom.

I did get the refund no problems, but thinking about it, would have been better to get the refund earlier and would have been easier for him to do, then just re bought it from him. Got one from Ebay free postage, so no extra involved in postage as I would have been out of pocket due to the postage. May just take awhile now to get it, as going through Ebay is not the fastest way to obtain anything.

He could have just as well given you another phantom at the begining, that or the refund. Now he has cost himself irrepairable damage as a trustworthy dealer. If that's what he wanted that's what he got. Senseless! No more dji for me. My next quad will be a witespy.They walk you through everything from the begining,and will talk to you if you have a problem. No more buying for me for awhile. My wife is upset with me for buying this phantom. I have wondered myself due to whats happened,but anyway, did you get the one from red rocket ? I underatand they are pretty good. Hope you get it soon, I think you guys are just going into winter ? We are in spring but you wouldn't know it. Cold, windy,terri
+ble weather for flying. By the looks of weather in Bruces' xjet videos, you guys have more than your fair share of wind, and bad weather. Hope to hear you got your phantom and are flying again soon. Let me know, I'm anxious for you. Good luck,,and good flying, Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers