WARNING Android app version 1.0.60

Mine updated now its bricked!!!!

So glad I check this forum regularly. Thanks to the OP for sharing this information, as I have never visited the dji forum. Very new to the dji scene, and would have powered the unit up without a second thought had it not been for this thread. Uninstalled dji Vision app and paid the $10 for Ken's Ultimate Flight v2. Again, good looking out. Potentially saved lots of folks the hassle of shipping their birds off to China.

So glad I check this forum regularly. Thanks to the OP for sharing this information, as I have never visited the dji forum. Very new to the dji scene, and would have powered the unit up without a second thought had it not been for this thread. Uninstalled dji Vision app and paid the $10 for Ken's Ultimate Flight v2. Again, good looking out. Potentially saved lots of folks the hassle of shipping their birds off to China.
Any other apps to use with my vision plus?

Based on what I have seen, not too many available on the Google Play Store. According to another post in the forum, Litchi no longer supports the Phantom 2 series unless you have an older version of the app. So downloading today would be useless, if I have my information correct. Otherwise, the Ultimate Flight apps are the only ones on the store.

Does the the iOS app suffer from the same issue?

Need recommendations on what app to use in place of broken app?

Based on what I have seen, not too many available on the Google Play Store. According to another post in the forum, Litchi no longer supports the Phantom 2 series unless you have an older version of the app. So downloading today would be useless, if I have my information correct. Otherwise, the Ultimate Flight apps are the only ones on the store.

I am not 100% sure but I think they are not supporting the beta for p2 plus vs the finished product

Is version 1.0.61 ok?,
that's the version I have installed.
as well as Litchi (not the Beta version!)
Surely if an App is bricking the Wi-fi Extenders then it
it's DJI fault for allowing the update to be put through
to the App Store!!
How do we stand on that one !!!
Sounds like a massive ****-up!, more importantly
IT'S NONE OF OUR FAULTS !!
So DJI what now?
We are all in charge of an expensive "brick" that none of us can do
anything about, or rectify!.
Why should we have to potentially bear the cost of replacing our Wi-Fi extenders
when it is not our fault !!
I have a P2 Vision +, and a P3 Advanced.
Want to know the best part !!
I have had my Vision from new for 8 months AND,
(Due to severe ill Health for 6 months)
HAVE NEVER EVER FLOWN IT, OR EVEN TAKEN IT OFF !!
So you could say that I am really miffed !! that I have bought a potential £800 ornament for the bookcase.
I have just recently bought the P3A, ready for a well deserved cruise to Norway in a months time.
I will be taking the P3A, and hopefully will fly it trouble free!
but it looks like the Vision will be standing on the bookcase waving me off !!!
Come on DJI lets have some answers for us avid DJI Customers !!

P2 Vision+ V3
Firmware (Latest Version )
Sony Xperia Z
Android 5.1.1
DJI Vision App 1.0.61, automatic update downloaded and installed on to phone.

Last edited:
If anyone comes upon this thread late, after updating Vision app to 1.0.61 without powering up their bird on the 1.0.60 version, please update us. Seems highly unlikely that the update will solve the issue with RE that had already experienced the "forced update" error, but would be nice to know if the current version of the software has corrected the problem for those that did not turn on their controller with the buggy version. Thanks in advance.

That being said, I believe I will stick to Ultimate Flight until all doubt is removed (and potentially indefinitely).

I have just tried the latest App 1.0.61 and it works fine on my bird.
(thankfully !!)
Not sure though if my phone jumped the 1.0.60 update from the last one.
I also have a Sony tablet Z1 running 1.0.58 and that is also fine on connection.
A bit reluctant to update my tablet until the problem is resolved.
Sounds like an App problem to me, how can the Wi-Fi- extender update itself from the RC Unit
if it is not connected to a PC??
Has the Extender even got a firmware chip in it, there is no software / firmware program
only "The Vision Assistant 3.8". I am no expert , it's just my opinion.
If you have 1.0.60 installed, I would be inclined to uninstall 1.0.60 and then install 1.0.61
Re-bind and see what happens.
Better still borrow/use a compatible phone and download 1.0.61 it on that to see if it works
Beside if you have a "brick" ,you have nothing to loose !!

Last edited:
Reactions: jnshane
(thankfully !!)
I also have a Sony tablet Z1 running 1.0.58 and that is also fine on connection.
Sounds like an App problem to me, how can the Wi-Fi- extender update itself from the RC Unit
Has the Extender even got a firmware chip in it, there is no software / firmware program
If you have 1.0.60 installed, I would be inclined to uninstall 1.0.60 and then install 1.0.61
Better still borrow/use a compatible phone and download 1.0.61 it on that to see if it works

Very good information. I was hoping someone would encounter this situation considering dji updated the app so quickly. Still thinking I will wait to reinstall the dji Vision app until a few more testimonials are given, however.

Reactions: CEEJAY
(thankfully !!)
Tried re-binding no go. WiFi extender is not sending out anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic