Warning: always stop video before shutdown

Reaction score
Folks,

A few times now I've failed to stop recording the video before shutting down the Phantom. In more than one instance, the resulting file is cut short about 20-30 seconds.

On a related note, I had a crash where the battery came out after a hard landing. Oddly, the device never created a video file for that takeoff, and then the video following that instance is corrupted with no header info. I tried copying the header info from a valid video over, but with no luck thus far.

Simply wanted to share, since it didn't occur to me that I needed to hit the stop recording button when I was done. Being in a hurry between flights to not miss footage makes it an easy thing to overlook.

Thanks.

If you turn your Phantom off before stopping the recording, it will corrupt the file. However, booting the phantom back up with the memory cord in the slot should repair the file after about 30 seconds.

jalpert said:
If you turn your Phantom off before stopping the recording, it will corrupt the file. However, booting the phantom back up with the memory cord in the slot should repair the file after about 30 seconds.

THANK YOU!!! That worked, amazingly.

I tried about 2 dozen various free/trial ware programs, and none worked. I tried manually copying over header info in a hex file editor, and didn't work.

I was about to use this tool, which successfully created previews of the file after scanning it: http://mp4repair.org/pwt6/preview.html

Not 30 seconds before I did that, you posted, and saved me $44. Thank you again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31