Warmer weather & the rise of the machines.

Reaction score
Its been too cold of late in our neck of the woods in the UK to go flying. So, okay, call me a wimp you pilots in Siberia or wherever else it is cold, but I do like flying in comfortable conditions.

I have struggled out of my hibernation stasis and dusted off the cobwebs on the 3A. I charged the controller and a/c battery and connected the rig up with the wi-fi.

After a few minutes I decided to check the firmware versions.

Only after a few minutes the a/c updated to firmware version 1.10.90 without me doing anything but downloading the zip file, but on firing up the a/c for a systems check sans props. on the lounge floor, the Go app told me that one or more props were not present.

This has me distinctly worried that this could be similar to the ‘Rise of the machines’ from Terminator. The next thing I know next doors UAV will be flying over to arm the 3A with some plasma weapon to reduce the neighbourhood to a pile of smoking rubble.

This might not be so bad for Mrs. Xxxxx up the road because she always looks like a bulldog that has swallowed a wasps nest, with a temperament to suit. Sorry, I digress.

So, out of curiosity, how does the system know there are no props on the a/c. and will it be telling me what to do next?

Here’s to the warmer UK weather and I hope you all have many successful flights in 2017 wherever you are.

Its been too cold of late in our neck of the woods in the UK to go flying. So, okay, call me a wimp you pilots in Siberia or wherever else it is cold, but I do like flying in comfortable conditions.

I have struggled out of my hibernation stasis and dusted off the cobwebs on the 3A. I charged the controller and a/c battery and connected the rig up with the wi-fi.

After a few minutes I decided to check the firmware versions.

Only after a few minutes the a/c updated to firmware version 1.10.90 without me doing anything but downloading the zip file, but on firing up the a/c for a systems check sans props. on the lounge floor, the Go app told me that one or more props were not present.

This has me distinctly worried that this could be similar to the ‘Rise of the machines’ from Terminator. The next thing I know next doors UAV will be flying over to arm the 3A with some plasma weapon to reduce the neighbourhood to a pile of smoking rubble.

This might not be so bad for Mrs. Xxxxx up the road because she always looks like a bulldog that has swallowed a wasps nest, with a temperament to suit. Sorry, I digress.

So, out of curiosity, how does the system know there are no props on the a/c. and will it be telling me what to do next?

Here’s to the warmer UK weather and I hope you all have many successful flights in 2017 wherever you are.
Lol love the post mate. UK flyer too [emoji4]
The drone will know if the prop is on when it arms up. The motor is meant to spin at a certain speed and the prop on effects this. With out the prop the motor will spin faster then normal. That's how it knows. Make sure all firmware is up to date (it's all good for once this time round) [emoji16]

Reactions: deltamike
Were keeping an eye on you!

Skynet.jpg

Well, damm. Where are you Skynet. That's the splitting image of Mrs. xxxx who lives up my road.

Please can anyone supply me with laser guided missiles for my 3A?

I have had a look on the Bangood site and E-Bay without luck.

deltamike: Love your sense of humor! I have watched a few videos of cold starts with old locomotives similar to the one in your avatar. I am a huge fan old old diesel locos. I have had the pleasure of running several different SD40-3's, mostly light engine. Got to pull 30 empties one time!

Reactions: deltamike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers