Warm up times

Reaction score
Undertook an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration to try correct horizon issue and since then my warm up times seem to take longer...

Hands up, I never calibrated IMU since I got my P4, never noticed any issue with it.

Before warm ups took maybe 10seconds or less - now I would say 30seconds plus.

What's the norm? If one exists?

...I also updated r/c to v1.8, which consequently updated the drone (don't recall precise version). Maybe that's the issue?

Cheers

Your Phantom will warm up faster if you calibrate the IMU again after your Phantom has been sitting in a cool location for 10 minutes or so. The trick is to start the IMU calibration when your Phantom is as cool as any environment where you'll be flying.

Reactions: Naturalone
Your Phantom will warm up faster if you calibrate the IMU again after your Phantom has been sitting in a cool location for 10 minutes or so. The trick is to start the IMU calibration when your Phantom is as cool as any environment where you'll be flying.
Thanks for tip.

After setting up P 4 to fly, I am getting message "IMU Warming up" It used to just say "warming up"
any concern over this change in message?
Thanks for a reply.

Undertook an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration to try correct horizon issue and since then my warm up times seem to take longer...

Hands up, I never calibrated IMU since I got my P4, never noticed any issue with it.

Before warm ups took maybe 10seconds or less - now I would say 30seconds plus.

What's the norm? If one exists?

...I also updated r/c to v1.8, which consequently updated the drone (don't recall precise version). Maybe that's the issue?

Cheers
Hi yep rc version 1 8.0.....ac 4.0.4,,and yes my warm ups 30 secs to 60,,,(waiting) ready to fly never had to do imu but will after readin abve post:)

After setting up P 4 to fly, I am getting message "IMU Warming up" It used to just say "warming up"
I'm assuming the second message means the same thing. DJI sometimes changes the wording of the phrases in DJI GO for no rhyme or reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hadn't flown the drone that day, was maybe about 20*C indoors and about 10*C outdoors.

Might try calibrate outside then.

I put mine in my beer fridge with no battery for 15 mins before I do an IMU cal. IMU is warm in seconds now instead of a couple of minutes.

Wife though I was nuts as did I until I saw the results :D

20170114_135828.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik