Reaction score
I have my batteries set to discharge after 5 days. Since I haven't flown in that time I checked them today and two of the six were what I'd call 'very warm' (not hot). This happened to one battery two weeks ago and it flew fine after charging. The two warm batteries currently appear to be charging fine.

Has anyone else noticed 'warm' batteries when they are in discharge state? Are there any potential problems with this or can it be considered normal?

Thanks!

Has anyone else noticed 'warm' batteries when they are in discharge state? Are there any potential problems with this or can it be considered normal?
Mine do this too. This is perfectly normal.

As stated perfectly normal. That "heat" is the way the battery is discharging. It's a very slow process but it gets the job done in a very controlled manner.

So they can discharge themselves? I thought you had to let your drone idle down to 7% then charge them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Using the default settings, they will start auto discharging down to 65% (the storage level) after 10 days. The discharge process takes 2-3 days to complete. You'll need some type of 3rd party discharger if you want to cycle them though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers