Wanting to film/fly P4P indoors. Advice please.

Dza

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a few months now and I've finally joined up. Firstly, let me say, this community is fantastic. I've learned so much on this page over the past few months. Thanks.

So, as the title reads, I want to fly my P4P indoors for a video idea I have and I was wondering if there is anymore to it other than tripod mode? I'm assuming the sensors will work and keep me away from walls etc? I'm also assuming that the with no GPS the VPS will work well and keep me hovering at constant height.

Is there anything I should be wary of or concerned about other than pilot error? Haha.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Update:

I launched it inside and tried to fly around the room but it moved about 20cm in each direction before the sensors wouldn't allow it to go any further. Is there a way to dial back the distance? I can't seem to find it...

Found this video that may be helpful

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Dza
Thanks BryanB! That was a great video. I learned a lot from it and have now subscribed to Tom's channel on Youtube.

I didn't think to switch my RTH to hover and use ATTI mode. I'm very glad I didn't get a GPS lock kicking in mid flight, which would have made it correct itself (into a wall) or loss of signal activating RTH that would climb to 50m (into the ceiling)to return home.

Cheers for your help.

I thought if you it in A mode the inferred kicked in an it was easy to
Fly. Am I mistake?

I have flown indoors and here is what I recommend in only large indoor venues.
1. Prop guards are a must
2. Make sure there is no other air movement
3. Have a spotter at all times
4. You can't be too light on the sticks!
5. Turn off RTH and change LOS to Hover
6. Practice ATTI outside on calm days till you are comfortable.
7. You can't be too light on the sticks!

Also as far as sensors go if u assign "narrow sensing" to c1 or c2 this lets u get closer to objects while filming....u hold down assigned button and turns sensors off until u let go, so u can get closer....have to do more testing but u can find this setting in remote section where u assign c1 and c2 buttons. As always be careful test in Open Spaces! Pretty cool tho as i find sensors to be a little aggressive sometimes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic