Wanting to do nightlights

longest? you need the fastest at night

No i want the longest so I can figure out what the lowest noise ISO i can live with is at that shutterspeed. Also i want to do some trailing light photography from the copter as well.

ISO 200 , 5 second exposure
That's not bad. Not razor sharp but pretty good for 5 seconds floating in the air, means I could probably live with a little less time. Better than i can hold a camera for 5 seconds that for sure and by a mile.

Is it illegal to fly at night?
Yes. It's legal. You need to fly safe no matter day or night. Also I see the still pictures. I'm wondering about the video. Should I just leave it in automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some of my favorite images are from at night but it is definitely nerve racking. Here is a compilation hyperlapse of some of my night flights.

Reactions: E Chan
That's not bad. Not razor sharp but pretty good for 5 seconds floating in the air, means I could probably live with a little less time. Better than i can hold a camera for 5 seconds that for sure and by a mile.
Yeah I don't think you'll get anything tack sharp while floating. This next one was 2 or 3 seconds
screen_a6d720e0e9afc58a_1455495366000.jpg

Some of my favorite images are from at night but it is definitely nerve racking. Here is a compilation hyperlapse of some of my night flights.

Excellent. Please explain so I can understand exactly how you did this in the settings.

It is 4K video at Iso 800 or 1600 (depending on which shot) with the shutter speed opened pretty far up. Processed in Microsoft hyperlapse and Final Cut Pro x.

As far as the flight nothing too special. Just slow movements as I knew I wanted to speed it up. It is amazingly stable considering I had 20+. Mph winds during some of those flights.

It is 4K video at Iso 800 or 1600 (depending on which shot) with the shutter speed opened pretty far up. Processed in Microsoft hyperlapse and Final Cut Pro x.

As far as the flight nothing too special. Just slow movements as I knew I wanted to speed it up. It is amazingly stable considering I had 20+. Mph winds during some of those flights.

Did you apply any noise reduction in post?

Ok. I did not know i could import video to Microsoft hyper lapse. I must have the basic edition. Thank you.

I see the problem. I've been trying to edit on my phone. I should be doing it on my computer. Ok. Got it I think. Just take regular video. And hyper lapse it. Day or night. Change iso up and lower or speed up shutter speed. Thanks.

I think I will try it. But I will wait for some friends to help me see it. Thanks.

at night seeing it is NOT an issue!

far easier to see at night than day,
I prefer after about 10-11pm here, seems wind and conditions are best then

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: rulppa
Thanks. I was gonna go really height as lots of big buildings. We have so sights I want to film. But I don't want to scare people.

How long have you been flying rc?

Please be extremely careful in "down town areas" if it's a large city it's gonna have a lot of heli ports maybe hospital etc and they do not fly very high. Please don't be the next guy on the news who fly his phantom into a building or worse hit a helicopter or something. Flying in "down town" area requires skill and forethought and is not something I would recommend for less than 3 yr pilots.

no

besides been legal! the camera has iso 1600, but honest all your videos will sucks pics will migth be ok if you know your 1/125 ,1/250 etc after all Tony you have the bird for less than 3 months or less, believe your posts of braking distance and nite flying are ....?. can you post some videos PLEASE, P3S is P2V+ beeff up, your running WiFi not Ligthbridge, like FM and AM frequensy, please send me News video of drone hitting building on donw Tw Tampa hope your pic is not there
be humble, fly hard and safe
Mar
Nah. Number 1 priority is public safety. There are parks. Wide open. I will not let bird leave PDFs. I can film and not put a soul in harms way. And also. Not going up so high. Less than 150 ft. If you know Tampa. We have some minuets at the university of Tampa. Very nice. In other words. I will be on the outside simply looking in.

What do you gain by running video thru hyperlapse program? Why not just speed up the video in FCPX?

Hyperlapse does a phenomenal job of stabilizing the video. Much better than the native filters in FCPX.

Also I did not add any noise filters. I bumped the saturation a bit but that was about the only grading in FCPX ( I shoot in log color and turn saturation down manually on cam settings as I prefer to at saturation in post).

Hello all. I have taken it up at night. But just left it to hover. I'm just too chicken to actually fly at night. Any secrets or isn't best to do it when no one is really watching. Like late at night. Less people around? I will be in our downtown area. Always lots of people roaming about. But we do have a park to stay out of view. Any suggestions?

I saw where polar pro has a clip on led kit for the Phantom 3 looks like a decent kit to help see the bird at night
DJI Phantom 3 LED Light Kit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20