Wanting to do nightlights

Reaction score
Hello all. I have taken it up at night. But just left it to hover. I'm just too chicken to actually fly at night. Any secrets or isn't best to do it when no one is really watching. Like late at night. Less people around? I will be in our downtown area. Always lots of people roaming about. But we do have a park to stay out of view. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: jointeffort
Hello all. I have taken it up at night. But just left it to hover. I'm just too chicken to actually fly at night. Any secrets or isn't best to do it when no one is really watching. Like late at night. Less people around? I will be in our downtown area. Always lots of people roaming about. But we do have a park to stay out of view. Any suggestions?

Hey Tony

One important item - get into the app and turn your running light (the red ones) off. When you photograph or video, you will have a red halo with them on. If you are in an area with lots of people, that will present a more visual aspect. Also, seeing as these things sound like buzzing hornets...

Now - flying your bird with the lights off truly is scary. You still have the blinky lights in the back, but ****. Truly, truly know the path. Get it in the air, know where wires are, towers, etc. Then think about the lights.

I would suggest taking it to a field first - some place that will allow you to fly with less worry. Even then, the lights go out and you are flying 100% from the tablet. Eep!

Thanks. I was gonna go really height as lots of big buildings. We have so sights I want to film. But I don't want to scare people.

Oddly, in most cases, I see people rarely look up. I am all, "Do they not hear the noise?" I cannot understand that at all.

I would be more concerned about crashing - keep it down the center then - away from buildings. Your range may also be seriously compromised due to buildings, metal, etc. Practice ATTI mode (white knuckle flying there!).

Ok. I've never really tried atti so much. As I know it will drift. I feel like I'm putting my bird at risk in that mode. Maybe I should practice that in open field. My last drone had no gps. It was always a fight.

I only suggest that as I am thinking with the buildings, you could lose GPS and even OPTI very suddenly (happened to me yesterday - a whole slew of errors at once - luckily I was able to land safely)

let it fly I always fly at night most time .just watch your height mine has blue led lights around itso easy to see at night

I think I will try it. But I will wait for some friends to help me see it. Thanks.

besides been legal! the camera has iso 1600, but honest all your videos will sucks pics will migth be ok if you know your 1/125 ,1/250 etc after all Tony you have the bird for less than 3 months or less, believe your posts of braking distance and nite flying are ....?. can you post some videos PLEASE, P3S is P2V+ beeff up, your running WiFi not Ligthbridge, like FM and AM frequensy, please send me News video of drone hitting building on donw Tw Tampa hope your pic is not there
be humble, fly hard and safe
Mar

what downtown you going to fly around st pete

;)o_O
Cockpit.jpg
gonna get you if u flight at nite

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Houston Tampa has a Problem! 10-4

what downtown you going to fly around st pete
Tampa. But St Pete might be easier as there are parks over there. In center. There is one nice one in Tampa. I want to get univ of Tampa.

besides been legal! the camera has iso 1600, but honest all your videos will sucks pics will migth be ok if you know your 1/125 ,1/250 etc after all Tony you have the bird for less than 3 months or less, believe your posts of braking distance and nite flying are ....?. can you post some videos PLEASE, P3S is P2V+ beeff up, your running WiFi not Ligthbridge, like FM and AM frequensy, please send me News video of drone hitting building on donw Tw Tampa hope your pic is not there
be humble, fly hard and safe
Mar
No such video. Hehehe. I'm not gonna fly like a mad man lol. Just a few feet up. Yaw it and come back down. No more than 500 ft in distance. I might just stay on the edge of downtown. I did try and go a little bit downtown earlier. But yikes. So much interference. Will post video of that in a sec. There was actually a good year blimp that turned and was coming in my direction.
SkyPixel

Last edited:
What is the longest shutter speed the gimbal can sustain really good, tripod like control over? that might be useful to know for these more night like flights

longest? you need the fastest at night

I have done some early morning flying (still dark) with my P3s..mainly along the coast, I just
take up the bird up to 70 m and let her rip, not much you can you crash into where i fly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20