Wanted: quad only, had flyaway

Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement phantom, I have the transmitter and charger.

I am also looking for a gps tracker for the replacement unit!!

sevenbak said:

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Phantom, it's always a wrench when another one of our number is reduced :(

I would say don't waste your time trying to find a phantom minus tx and charger, these are invariably the first things thrown away anyway. You might find a used complete setup on Ebay though, I seen a few drift by.

marcus_canada said:
sevenbak said:

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Phantom, it's always a wrench when another one of our number is reduced :(

I would say don't waste your time trying to find a phantom minus tx and charger, these are invariably the first things thrown away anyway. You might find a used complete setup on Ebay though, I seen a few drift by.

Thanks, I've seen a couple used ones there too. Thanks for responding.

Thank you all, I found my Phantom. I bought another one and used my GoPro to do aerial reconnaissance. After a week and a half on the side of a gravel pit in the elements, a mile away, it works just perfect, as if nothing had happened. I had to recalibrate everything but that's all. Let's hear it for DJI durability!!

Good news indeed! Here's the frame of video where I leapt for joy!

Attachments

• GOPRStill001.jpg
    GOPRStill001.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 857
Wow, glad you found it. I'm doing the same thing with a second phantom, but I'm dealing with a heavily wooded area with a creek, water moccasins and briars so thick not even a machete will make a dent in them. We have gotten so much rain in the last few weeks I'm not overly optimistic. I would like the hero 3 camera back though. It will be gone a month on Monday. I may have caught it on video, but can't seem to make it to the tree I think it's in. I've made 3 attempts. A flash flood drove me out once. The other 2 times I couldn't get through the brush to the tree location.

Attachments

• Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 890
Wow! You might consider what I had to do to be sure it was it. Do another pass with your phantom, this time close up. WIth the trees it would be tricky, but worth it to make sure.

I have tried, but can't seem to be able to get it in any closer. The video I got was after dropping it in the trees and losing sight of the drone, which was really nerve racking. I have an FPV set-up but I still crashed it doing what I did to get this video. Luckily I was able to find it and recovered with just one broken propeller and guard. There is a creek directly in front of that tree and if it go goes in the drink, it's gone. That water is as much as 8 feet deep and flowing really fast. I don't have a view of that tree from outside the wooded area. I'm going back in on Monday since the rain has slowed down a bit. Maybe the water level will be low enough to get in closer. I have a pair of binoculars that I want to confirm with. It is likely the drone. I saw it hit one of the trees in that area and tumble down from the top, then lost sight. This view is the back side of the tree from where I was flying it, so that would make sense. In my panic I didn't concentrate on which tree it hit and went running for the woods. Half way into the brush I realized I had to go back for it with protection (rain suit and waders) and a machete. But in all the haste I realized that I wasn't sure which tree it hit. Big rookie mistake, if the drone goes down, concentrate on the visuals surrounding that location!!!

Wow, that's tough. I wish you success in finding it. If it is in the tree, the likelihood of it being destroyed by water go down. Good luck!

For about $200, you can buy a DJI F450. The NAZA can be had for about $220.00. It will work with your radio if you buy an inexpensive Futuba receiver. About $20.

Replacing a Phantom is worthless in comparison.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj