Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Want to set up FPV GoPro

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Blindeye, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Blindeye

I'm new, and I appreciate the help.

I had been planning to purchase a Phantom 2, and out of the blue someone gave me a Phantom 1.1 as a gift for a favor I did for them.

I recognize some of the flight/lift limitations of the Phantom 1, so that's why I'm asking.
    The Boscam 600mw transmitter/receiver looks good to me.

What should I do about a gimbal/mount for the GoPro?
    I am also adding a RF-V16 tracker, which is right around 1 ounce.

By searching I can find lots of info about the installation, but before I get started I thought I should ask about getting the correct (lightest!) components to make this bird fly.

Thanks,

Garrett

2. thedjiguy

I would not get a gimbal with the Phantom 1, just attach GoPro direct. Unless you can solder, you are going to pay someone $99 to install it, plus the $350 gimbal. Sell your p1 after a couple months and get p2 or p3 (hopefully out soon, see link below) and buy the gimbal with it.

3. zmnypit

I disagree. I put an $56 eBay gimball on my P1 and soldered nothing. Depending on which tx he has the pitch lever may already be there. Thus no soldering. Just get a 5.8ghz bosscam setup and your set for around $150 including gimball

4. len750

Hi zmnypit. Which gimbal did you end up with? No soldering? I do like that. I also have the original Phantom 1.1. What else would I need to install all this? I have the Gimbal switch on the back of mt Tx.