Want to add BT Data link + IOSD mini to Naza V2..?

Reaction score
Hi
Im trying to get my head around what is required to connect the BT 2.4ghz datalink and IOSD mini to my Naza V2. The kit I am buying includes datalink with BT, IOSD and Can hub. Am I correct in thinking that I HAVE to buy a PMU as well? Would it not make more sense that the special offer kit should include a PMU rather than a hub? I may NOT need a hub right or will I still need it?

Been watching too many vids with different setups but not found one explaining this as yet.

Im not using a zemuse gimbal but have been toying with the upgrade board but is this board necessary for my setup?

Remember I cant take the hub off the purchase list as this is compulsary with the special offer kit whether I need it or not.

Very confused! Hope someone can help

Thanks

If your username is descriptive are you not better posting this in the FC40 forum?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

IrishSights said:
If your username is descriptive are you not better posting this in the FC40 forum?

That's a little hostile isn't it? No of course not. It's not specific to fc40's is it? No!? Lol

Where did I mention FC 40?? Just because of my username ? Lol

Anyway , can anyone pls shed some useful and hopefully friendly advise?

Thanks.

Only asking! It was a question, and def not hostile!

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

FC40 Pilot said:
IrishSights said:

That's a little hostile isn't it? No of course not. It's not specific to fc40's is it? No!? Lol

Thanks.

It does matter what model of Phantom you're asking about...are you trying to use groundstation with an FC40? If so, it's not supported on that model currently (and may never be).

If you are trying to use the groundstation with a P1, you'll need some way to add a canbus port, which is what the PMU can provide. Even with the canbus hub (which you probably won't need anyway), you still need the initial canbus port on the aircraft to connect to. P2's have that port already available on the leg, but P1's don't have it from the factory. You can also add a canbus port by doing a little soldering, but if you want to avoid that then the PMU is the only way to go.

OI Photography said:
FC40 Pilot said:
IrishSights said:

Thanks.

It does matter what model of Phantom you're asking about...are you trying to use groundstation with an FC40? If so, it's not supported on that model currently (and may never be).

If you are trying to use the groundstation with a P1, you'll need some way to add a canbus port, which is what the PMU can provide. Even with the canbus hub (which you probably won't need anyway), you still need the initial canbus port on the aircraft to connect to. P2's have that port already available on the leg, but P1's don't have it from the factory. You can also add a canbus port by doing a little soldering, but if you want to avoid that then the PMU is the only way to go.

Ok cheers . Ok so this is even more confusing ... I thought it had nothing to do with model but what controller is being used ..ie Naza v2 ? What makes the FC40 incompatible with the ground station ? I wish DJI made this important information clearer!

Cheers

FC40 Pilot said:
Ok cheers . Ok so this is even more confusing ... I thought it had nothing to do with model but what controller is being used ..ie Naza v2 ? What makes the p1 incompatible with the ground station ? I wish DJI made this important information clearer!

Cheers

The P1 is compatible, it just doesn't have the port pre-installed. All P2's and all P1's since the 1.2 technically have "NAZA v2" hardware on them, but they have different firmware running on it that restricts what it can do or be connected to. In the P2 Vision and FC40, the issue is that the control signal is on a different frequency than normal, and the video is transmitted on the frequency that most controllers (and the Data Link signal) use, which could cause a potentially dangerous conflict.

If you want to use the groundstation, you'll need a P1 (and a PMU), or a P2 (non-Vision). P2 Visions and FC40's may or may not be getting the same functionality at some point through their existing iPhone/iPad interface...but nobody knows exactly when (or even if) this will happen.

Interesting ... Well I've ordered a pretty good deal which includes the ground station with BT, iOSD and canbus totalling £140. Might be worth keeping the order and just selling the ground station or keep it for future project perhaps ? That's a shame as I likes the idea of waypoints .
I do like the idea of having IOSD so will go ahead with this but will have to still buy the PMU.
Much appreciated !

FC40 Pilot said:
Interesting ... Well I've ordered a pretty good deal which includes the ground station with BT, iOSD and canbus totalling £140. Might be worth keeping the order and just selling the ground station or keep it for future project perhaps ? That's a shame as I likes the idea of waypoints .
I do like the idea of having IOSD so will go ahead with this but will have to still buy the PMU.
Much appreciated !

No problem! If this is an FC40 you're flying, I don't believe the iOSD mini will work for you either...you need a separate FPV setup to connect that to (the FC40 has that built in to the camera).

The FC40 and the P2 Vision were designed for those who want everything they need right out of the box...the P1 and regular P2 are much better suited for upgrades.

I'm not using the fc40 camera but a möbius on a gimbal. I'm firing out 2.4ghz tx for the fpv feed. Will I still have problems?

FC40 Pilot said:
Ok cheers . Ok so this is even more confusing ... I thought it had nothing to do with model but what controller is being used ..ie Naza v2 ? What makes the FC40 incompatible with the ground station ? I wish DJI made this important information clearer!

Cheers

Correct, compatibility is determined by the FC. According to viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6878, the FC40 uses a stock NAZA-M V2 and a Phantom mainboard. That means you should be able to swap to a Phantom upgrade board on your FC40 and do the Sarawuth mod to get CAN-Bus (or add a PMU-V2), and then add both the iOSD mini and the 2.4Ghz data link.

The only difference under the shell with the FC40 is a larger 5.8ghz receiver subboard (and accompanying 5.8ghz tx). The rest of the guts are the same it seems.

Since the FC40 is on 5.8Ghz control, I don't suspect you'll get any interference with the datalink, though I have no idea if the FC40's 2.4Ghz camera transmitter (or a 2.4ghz vtx) will have any negative interaction with the datalink (potentially bad).

Ok again some useful info so thanks. I'm mobile at the moment but when i get home will read through all this properly and decide on what action to take. Looks like I have a number of options. Do I sell the fc40 and get a more compatible setup or scrap the upgrade idea ?
I already had the 2.4ghz tx/rx setup before I got the phantom so figured I could save by taking this 5.8ghz route. Also I figured I might get less interference from household wifi etc. hmmm..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik