Walkera TALI H500. What you think?

Nice. But unless new customers do a ton of research on DJI and find out all the problems with them, the price may scare away many people. I think there are a lot of people out there that will pay $1200.00 for some fun but not $1900 +/-

Its a big beast but I quite like it, what caught my eye was the ability to circle around a gps point which is exactly what I want to do for filming venues. Would like to see more of the fpv screen on the tx and see the quality of the feed. Im not bothered about the 1Km range thats way enough for me, and the legs retracting to get 260 on the camera is great.

I like it......wonder what DJI will respond with for the P3 ??

Interesting times. :D

Happyflyer said:
Nice. But unless new customers do a ton of research on DJI and find out all the problems with them, the price may scare away many people. I think there are a lot of people out there that will pay $1200.00 for some fun but not $1900 +/-

I guess a lot depends on the package as with any of these babies - like the 7th channel app from DroneExpert there is always a price that people will pay if it does what they want. My philosophy is you only live once, if it does what I need then I will find the money for it.

;)

Helveticus said:
With a hexacopter, is it possible to "loose" one of the six rotors without having the drone falling as a stone (as a quad would do) ?

It depends on the load of the hex but generally, yes. At least three of us have been able to land our hex machines with one motor out. (Ol Photography, me, ElGuano - WKM, A2, and NAZA respectively). YMMV with another controller like the Walkera, though. It all depends on the reaction time and limits of the controller.

damoncooper said:
Please keep us posted when you receive it. Many here are fed up with DJI and would welcome another / better option.

awww what makes you think that lolol :lol:

My initial impressions are that I don't think it will convince those of us currently flying craft like the F550 or Tarrot 680 type craft to swap over. Much like the current crop of Phantoms, Blade and Walkera 350's the construction is pretty much proprietary and lacks flexibility. Even the ILookPlus camera is a very poor facsimile of the ubiquitous GoPro only offering a maximum of 1080p@30fps.

As a straight out of the box solution it will be attractive to some while for the serious AP and hobbyist it will be of limited attraction due to the limited payload capability, ability to be reconfigured for different tasks, and in the event of an unfortunate accident the ability to replace individual components as opposed to having to replace a whole bodyshell and other proprietary components.

I do like the flight controller as I believe it is modelled around the APM and offers more functionality than the current Naza flight controllers.

Regards

Nidge

Will you translate it into english please lol

What exactly will it allow us to do ??

:oops:

ladykate said:
Helveticus said:
With a hexacopter, is it possible to "loose" one of the six rotors without having the drone falling as a stone (as a quad would do) ?

It depends on the load of the hex but generally, yes. At least three of us have been able to land our hex machines with one motor out. (Ol Photography, me, ElGuano - WKM, A2, and NAZA respectively). YMMV with another controller like the Walkera, though. It all depends on the reaction time and limits of the controller.
Thanks for sharing your experience ! It may convince me to go hexa for my next one.

pyrophantom said:
Will you translate it into english please lol

What exactly will it allow us to do ??

:oops:

The device he has linked allows you to convert the 5.8ghz transmission from the copter to a WiFi signal that can be linked with your iPhone or iPad for example. Or the device he says he uses for FPV, which is the Moverio.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ ... glasses.do

I'd love to hear some feedback from folks using the Moverio's as I'm looking for a good FPV option where I'm not stuck with glasses on like the Fatsharks.

like most of you I to have had enough of DJI each time there as been a update its messed my p2v up its been sent back to DJI yet again with no Wi-Fi this time. I had been thinking of just stay with my heil's and selling my p2v as its spent more time with DJI not working right then its as with me. if this is as good as the Walkera heil's watch I have got a few of then am sold

Infidel said:
I'd love to hear some feedback from folks using the Moverio's as I'm looking for a good FPV option where I'm not stuck with glasses on like the Fatsharks.

Starting to get O/T, but there's a bunch of topics around about the Moverios. I have the Moverios, Cinemizers, and FatSharks. The FatSharks just aren't applicable to the Visions, but even if they were, they'd be my least favorite, lowest resolution option. They're bulky, the display quality is marginal at best, and there's no situational awareness. They may be the best option if your system is 5.8Ghz (non-wifi), but for the Vision, they're just not really applicable.

-----------

The Cinemizers are good (not great), but definitely not worth the $800. They have reasonably high res displays (not HD), but they're over-saturated and suffer from the same lack of situational awareness as the FatSharks. You just NEED to be able to glance down at a controller or up in the sky from time to time and you can't do it without taking them off, which is a hassle.

On the flip-side, they're great for spectators if you have your device hooked up to them via HDMI while you continue to control via your phone or tab. In fact tht's the only way they can function, since they have no iOS or Android capabilities on their own.

---------

The Moverios are, IMO the best compromise between immersion and situational awareness. They are completely visible in full sunlight as long as you use the darkest lens insert. The resolution is good (not full HD), but certainly adequate since the FPV video on the Visions isn't HD anyway. The display quality itself is excellent, and better than either of the other options. They're good stuff, but you pay for it.

Downside is that I don't think there's a way to get video into them from another device simultaneously, and use them strictly as a mirror (that I know of); They ARE the Android device.

I should also note that currently, using the groundstation/waypoints screen of the latest Vision app is hopelessly broken in the Moverios, and even if you could get to the GS screen, I have serious doubts as to how well you'll be able to interact with it.

Edit: Moverios also have a built-in camera in the frames, so you can video your flight from the operator's perspective on the ground, but the quality of the camera is pretty horrific. Google glass it's not.

I kind of chuckled when I saw the TALI is $1899.00, and the aluminum case is only $30!
Kind of the opposite of the DJI world ;-)

varmint said:
Not much officially (walkera is horrible at marketing compared to DJI), but there a lot of stuff on RC groups if you can wade through the massive single threads.

Why don't you drop them an email and suggest a comparison matrix on their website?

It's their market to take at this point.

Perhaps one of us could offer to build the matrix for them if they let us demo the new bird?

EDIT: some of the matrix comparison columns could be:

- Toilet Bowl Effect? (Y/N)
- J-Hook? (Y/N)"
- 14+ week response time to fatal flaws reported by hundreds of users? (Y/N)

Etc

Detroit said:
A bit confused can I use a gopro instead of the camera it comes with?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

Yes, definately. In fact if you go here you'll even see an image of the G3D with a GoPro. http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2616 The H 500 will be offered in various configurations ranging from RTH to BNF, but clearly Walkera is trying to capitalize off of early birds by not offering the lower priced packages themselves yet. I'm going for, the full package now and I plan to upgrade the camera after the H4 comes out. However these are retailers that are offering the other combos on preorder.
E.g. https://www.xrcworld.com/multi-rotor

Just be careful if you preorder from anyone. There's some pretty shady people/sites out there that do not now, nor ever will have inventory, but will be more than happy to take your card number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31