Walkera Gimbal Power

Reaction score
Hi I tried finding the answer to this in other posts about this Gimbal but wasn't able to figure it out. I just ordered the Walkera G-2d Gimbal for my FC40 and was wondering if there are any simple solutions for powering it that don't involve opening up the quadcopter. Is there a specific LiPo I could get separately? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first gimbal and I am after a quick plug and play solution to start with. Thanks!

The smallest, lightest one, lol

Hi really the power connection from the FC40 is really easy. As you will see from Youtube videos there is a spare power cable lying in the FC40. So you just need to connect the Walkera supplied power cable to this and bingo no additional weight. Connection of the Gimbal control is a little harder as you need to enlarge one of the holes in the FC40 to allow the NAZA plug entry but with a small file and care it only takes a few mins. Note its worth making sure you know the position of the props when you take them off so you can replace quickly. Adding batteries is really not required when there is power available.

Fuji-Flyer said:
Hi really the power connection from the FC40 is really easy. As you will see from Youtube videos there is a spare power cable lying in the FC40. So you just need to connect the Walkera supplied power cable to this and bingo no additional weight. Connection of the Gimbal control is a little harder as you need to enlarge one of the holes in the FC40 to allow the NAZA plug entry but with a small file and care it only takes a few mins. Note its worth making sure you know the position of the props when you take them off so you can replace quickly. Adding batteries is really not required when there is power available.

But don't I need to solder it together? The power cable in the FC40 is just a bare wire right? Anyways had trouble with a stripped screw so trying to avoid opening the Phantom of the time being. After something that will get me flying quick.

I pulled the power cable down from the leg, soldered on a JST connector (http://www.ebay.com/itm/191129830295?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT) and was up and running in no time. You could just use wire connectors or even twist them together if your soldering skills are that bad. Once powered the Walkera tilt and roll can be set by simply adjusting with the supplied screwdriver on screws V1 and V2.

I too have a habit of stripping threads. But I eventually wanted to open it up so that I could fit the one wire needed (F2 bottom to PIT) to control the tilt while in flight. This, of course, meant opening both the phantom and the controller. Despite my history of stripped threads everything went smoothly and I am now very happy with the setup.

Good luck and ping me if you need more info.

So I managed to pull the power cable out from inside the Phantom but now misplaced the power cable that goes to the Walkera Gimbal. Was going to order a JST connector. Is the power plug a standard type of plug on the gimbal or do I need the specific one that came with the gimbal?

hi there guys I have been reading this page with interest because I have
been thinking about a gimbal and cheap hd cam but I am not technical
minded and am looking at what is involved to make my mind up
what kind of flight range are you guys getting without adding stronger transmitters for wifi?
I only ask because I get 350m with the fc40 cam the now and these hd cameras are nice but not
for fpv. I would like nice quality in videos because it always windy here and pants lol
but I don't want to sacrifice the fpv and how much less flight time do you get with having
a gimbal and bigger camera on? 8-9 minutes?
thanks in advance for any info guys :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20