Walkera G2D Plastic Gimbal Pitch Control???

Reaction score
Anyone having good luck with the Walkera Plastic Gimbal pitch control?

It looks like the gimbal weighs about 120 g which is 80 g less than my cheap Chinese gimbal.
I'm seriously thinking about going plastic.

While I'm asking, does anyone know of a gimbal which is lighter than 120 g with pitch control for the FC40 and Hero 3+?

Links are greatly appreciated. ;)

Thanks,

While I'm asking, does anyone know of a gimbal which is lighter than 120 g with pitch control for the FC40 and Hero 3+?
Yes, a G2D plastic, WITHOUT controller.

The FC40's Naza-M V2 is perfectly capable of operating a gimbal by itself. I have made a gimbal from old servo's, connected them directly to the FC40 Naza inputs just to see if it would work. I could fine tune every movement separately in Naza assistant. Tilt worked as it should. The servo's were too heavy and too slow of course.

But seriously, I can't think of a lighter or cheaper gimbal than the white G2D. And it works, although I didn't try the tilt on the FC40. It's now permanent on my P2. But i'm going to order one extra for the FC40. The tilt function should just work. A lot of people use the metal G2D with no problems and they have the same controller. I'm going to try it with a direct connection on my FC40. I think the Naza will control it even more precise than the cheap controller that comes with it. And it saves quite some weight compared to the complete gimbal.

How do you take away The controller of The plastic gimbal? I have ordered one myself :)

Holrits said:
How do you take away The controller of The plastic gimbal? I have ordered one myself :)

Yea, how do you do that? :eek: If this can control that, what the heck are we adding all the stinking weight to our machines for?

I'd be dancing in the streets if I could accomplish that task. :D

Holrits said:
...I have ordered one myself :)
Where did you order yours from?

I ordered one on Oct 25th from BangGood.com. $20 less than ordering locally but here I am 3 weeks later and the shipping updates still say it's being prepared to be shipped :shock:

If I had known it would be this bad I would not have bought from them so be warned.

houldsworth1 said:
Holrits said:
...I have ordered one myself :)
Where did you order yours from?

I ordered one on Oct 25th from BangGood.com. $20 less than ordering locally but here I am 3 weeks later and the shipping updates still say it's being prepared to be shipped :shock:

If I had known it would be this bad I would not have bought from them so be warned.

3 things I ordered from them never arrived. Awaiting a refund after 7 weeks waiting lol. If you haven't talked to them yet and you eventually do, I bet they ask you to check your local post office :p

Holrits said:
take out four screws and the motor cable connectors, connect the gimbal motor cables directly to the Naza Tx (you will need to change the connectors to fit on the Naza). After that, Naza controller controls the 2 brushless motors directly and you can set the gains and limits in the assistant.

[EDIT] it's 2 screws, just checked.

lake_flyer said:
Holrits said:
take out four screws and the motor cable connectors, connect the gimbal motor cables directly to the Naza Tx (you will need to change the connectors to fit on the Naza). After that, Naza controller controls the 2 brushless motors directly and you can set the gains and limits in the assistant.

[EDIT] it's 2 screws, just checked.

Know it sounds weird, but could you post some pictures of it :D? And can it really be true that The Naza can control this, just as good as The walkers itself?? Cant find Anything on The web about it

I haven't tried it with brushless servo's. Only with standard servo's. I would have to cut the proprietary connectors from the motors and attach fitting connectors to hook it to the Naza. And I'm not going to do that before the controller board burns out or something like that.

I did a search on the web and didn't find hard evidence that it wouldn't work. But most comments tell you that Naza can only directly control a standard servo and not a brushless servo.

I was probably wrong, I hope I'm not.
It's not such a big deal though. The Walkera controller is made of plastic doesn't weigh much and does the job.

lake_flyer said:
But seriously, I can't think of a lighter or cheaper gimbal than the white G2D. And it works, although I didn't try the tilt on the FC40. It's now permanent on my P2. But i'm going to order one extra for the FC40. The tilt function should just work. A lot of people use the metal G2D with no problems and they have the same controller. I'm going to try it with a direct connection on my FC40. I think the Naza will control it even more precise than the cheap controller that comes with it. And it saves quite some weight compared to the complete gimbal.

Is there any difference between P2 and FC40? Could you share the installation details on P2? I have vision+. My gimbal is broken. I try to install G-2D Plastic on vision+, so I would like to learn how it is done in P2. Thanks!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4