Walkera G2D Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi all I fitted a Walkers G2D gimbal to my FC40, the result was brilliant. Had to modify the mounting plate to secure it to the underside of the FC40. I wanted to use the original DJI camera as I have never had a problem with it. So I machined a adaptor plate, I used a piece of 1/2" solid black nylon which I machined to fit into the go pro mounting backplate. The original mounting screw holes were picked up the secure it to the gimbal. A few quick measurements and a recess was machined on the front face to be a snug fit around the DJI camera. For added security I use one elastic band to be one hundred percent sure it will not fall out, see picture. The added bonus I did not have to add any extra weight to the gimbal.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 605
  • IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 513
  • IMG_3277.JPG
    IMG_3277.JPG
    977.1 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_3278.JPG
    IMG_3278.JPG
    726.4 KB · Views: 527
Brilliant, I also have a FC40 with a walkera gimbal with GoPro H3 and I love it, The only thing is that I crashed it last week flying into a tree....my mistake. just broke the fixing mount and ordered a new one from Banggood.

Bob do you have any more of the nylon plates or are you able to make one,if yes how much for one with shipping to Dayton Ohio 45420 ? Thanks ahead of time,
Paul

Bob do you have any more of the nylon plates or are you able to make one,if yes how much for one with shipping to Dayton Ohio 45420 ? Thanks ahead of time,
Paul
Sorry Paul It was something I machined just for myself and posted it to give others inspiration. I am sure there must be a machine shop or person nearby which could under take the job for you.
Regards Bob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4