Walkera G2D gimbal and cold weather

Reaction score
I bought this gimbal last March. It's never really been exposed to cold weather. Today decided to do a flight and see the bare trees with ice and snow on them. Temp is below freezing. I powered the gimbal up inside in a warm area. It set its level and pitch. I go outside to fly and after a minute or so, the camera was pitched up and level was off. I landed and repowered gimbal and it was ok from then on during the next flight. Was it the sudden temp change. I have never seen this before.

Never happened to me with the G-2D. Are you using a gimbal lever on your remote or do you adjust the level manually?

I don't have a Walkera but another cheap gimbal I used on my P1 awhile back . If I would move the bird around after it was powered up it would do the same thing you describe with a power off and on she would level out ready for flight . Come to the conclusion don't move the bird after powering up :)

Took the Phantom out again. Powered up gimbal using separate battery as mentioned before and it was fully charged . I did this inside the house. I took it outside and it did the same thing. Camera pointed up a bit and off level some. Did a flight like that. It was about 32 degrees F.. I brought it back in with the gimbal still powered and after a few minutes it slowly went back to normal. Not jitters or anything. I guess the temp drop affects it. I guess if flying in cold air, I will have to let the gimbal get cold first and then power it up. . Haven't tried that yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl