Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Walkera G-2D mounting

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Torquetube, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Torquetube

Hi all, I'm just looking at ordering a Walkera G-2D gimbal with my FC40 and I was just wondering how your all mounting yours? I've seen a few videos of mounting using only one screw? Is there a better way of mounting it to use both screws but not obstruct the battery door? Maybe an adaptor plate?

2. martybabe

You don't need an adapter plate, just revolve the top plate and both screws will fit in. It works fine.

3. Torquetube

thank you for your reply, sounds simple, so, you just pop out the rubber dampers, turn round the top plate, refit the dampers and it will fit perfectly?

4. Holrits

Just bought one myself, wondering what did you do to get it fit in?

5. ELHEAPO

Have checked youtube, lots of vids on there although most dont make it clear if its plug and play into phantom battery connection, i think it may need to be hard wired into main board let me know if you find out as im looking into same gimbal!

6. FredSheldon

Yep, it worked for me, just pop out the dampers, turn the top plate around, reinsert the dampers, install the two small screws into the provided mount and you are good to go.

7. Fuji-Flyer

Regarding power, check the various videos but there is a loose power cable in the FC40 unit, I just soldered an additional cable to this with compatible connector for Walkera Gimble. That's the power then if you what to utilise the camera pitch angle control you need to extend this cable and feed into the FC40 to connect to NAZA-M controller. There are plenty of Video's instructions out there to help on Youtube. Have fun.