Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Walkera G-2D gimbal, shorted control board, broken

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by chaghal, Aug 6, 2014.

1. chaghal

Hi guys,

my walkera g-2d recently had a short circuit due to me plugging the onboard battery in the wrong way around in a hurry between battery changes (aghhhh), after many successful flights and what i thought was allround great piece of kit for the price its gone. I know bangood and ebay sell the control board G-2D Z01 for around £28. However shipping from china takes 2-3 weeks and urgently need to fly with a gimbal.

Anyone either 1) repaired a short circuit, from what limited knowledge i have i took the lid off the control unit and it appears one of the relays(?) has burnt a little brown mark onto the plastic so i assume its this relay, is it salvage-able? would similar components be readily available at a repair store or is there a chance further components are damaged..

2) think its possible just to velcro or somehow attach go pro to the metal plate on rubber gromits and accept non stabilized footage , perhaps shooting at 2.7k and fixing wind movement using image stabilization in post production

seriously annoyed, going to mountain range this week and only chance i will have a for a yr, no gimbal :-( any info appreciated from anyone who has done similar....

2. lostkiwi

Why not just mount the camera in its case to the phantom using the original FC40 camera mount?

3. chaghal

didnt bring the fc40 like an idiot, the go pro comes with one adhesive mount so i am attaching it using that directly onto metal plate of g-2d, it means extra weight and height as i have to have the plastic case on as well but its probably safer, footage is going to be jerkyyyy

word of warning for anyone, dont short your g-2d its quite easily done in the heat of the moment if ur an idiot like me , + and - are not marked on my control unit either, they will be on the new one .....

4. FC40 Pilot

I use a JST connector (which came as standard on my walkera) for my g-2d so impossible to get wrong if you use oneway connector