Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Walkera G-2d and FC40

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Mack-SS, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Mack-SS

Hi all,
    I have searched high and low on this site and many others but cant find a solution to my issue. I have a FC40 and a walkera G-2D with a GoPro3. I have connected power to the gimbal and it works great, however when I connect any combination of wires from the F2 port to the gimbal, the camera aims straight up and buzzes (so I pull power instantly). I have my remote set up for a gimbal, but I think either I'm missing something or I have the wrong combinations of wires/settings on my FC40. Any help would be appreciated, and if this post is answered somewhere else, PLEASE point me to that post.
    Thanks again everyone - happy flying!
    -Steve-

2. Rustysocket

Calibrate your gimbal channel endpoints in the assistant software. It requires taking the back off the transmitter. Mine did the same thing.

3. Mandrake

I calibrated mine in the Naza assistant .. changed from -1000 , 0 ,+1000 to -220 , -100 ,50 ..that limits the gimbal from forward to down .

4. Mack-SS

Do I do this while the gimbal is plugged in and buzzing while facing upwards?

5. Rustysocket

Mandrake is also correct, I had to change limits as well. Calibrate, change limits to low numbers then increase as necessary to get desired travel. Start with gimbal off.

6. Mack-SS

Well it started working just fine, then it stopped again for no reason. Is the Walkera G-2D even worth the trouble? Maybe I should just return it for something better?
    I was able to stop it from facing straight up, but now it seems to want to tilt to one side no matter what I do. unplugging the cymbal controller from the gimbal and adjusting the pan/tilt manually works only when I have a screwdriver on the control knobs. Once I take the screw driver out, it wants to tilt again. ARGH!!!

7. mikeg26

I have two months with the Walkera gimbal, easy to mount, works very well, survived two crashes with no damage and stabilizes my Hero 3+ Black perfectly.

Great and light gimbal. Works well with th FC 40 with a lot of balancing and weights.

I installed a potentiometer on my controll for 180 degree tilt. You have to calibrate and also adjust the V 1 pot on the gimbal. Smooth!

8. Mack-SS

I have a gopro 3 white edition, I shouldn't need balancing. I'm contacting the seller as I honestly think there's something wrong with it. When I push in the adjustment screw on the controller board it levels out perfectly and works like a champ, however when I remove the screwdriver it starts to tilt forcefully again.

9. 2014fc40

Are you actually going into the PAM mode to make your adjustments based on the red/ylw/grn lights as the insructions say to do? Or are you just turning the screws trying to make it stay still/not vibrate?

There are 3 modes, 3 LED colors and 2 trimpots. It's essential you read the instructions to do the initial callibration properly.

10. Mack-SS

So I received a new gimbal (same brand) and it works like a champ. However, now I can't adjust the pitch by using the pitch controller on the remote. Again, help please?

11. Motocrossed

My first G-2D did the same as yours. I ordered and installed a new controller board and works fine with the exception of only getting 60 degrees of tilt.