Wal mart Black Friday sale

I guess I should've fought the crowds and gone to the store. Don't know why their online prices were different from in store. Oh well, at $399 still felt I got a good deal; sort of.

Well I wasn't aware that my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 wouldn't be compatible. So no flights for me.

DJI had this "amazing" Black Friday deal!!
6e64d486aec50eff32bae7e816f0b58f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I wasn't aware that my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 wouldn't be compatible. So no flights for me.
Have you actually tried it or are you just going off of the device list? I used to have an iPhone 5 and I'm 99% certain that I was able to use it. My current 5S works just fine.

Reactions: puredata
Have you actually tried it or are you just going off of the device list? I used to have an iPhone 5 and I'm 99% certain that I was able to use it. My current 5S works just fine.

Yes I have tried. My iPhone is not jailbroken but my iPad4 is. I downloaded the ipa through the itunes and tried using iFunBox but didn't work for any of them.

There was this Motorola MAXX 2 at the workplace and I'll try to install the app to that one today. I hope it works.

Last edited:
That's cool. I have to admit, I just bought a 2nd Phantom as well (P3A). They're just too addicting.....lol

Can you link to do formation flying? use the proximity sensors on pro to follow the standard?
picked up the drone AND an iphone5S for the video feed, no one will text or call if it has no phone number.

I don't know what Walmart was thinking. They said the PS3 in their Black Friday online add was $369. Sales to start online at 12:01am Thanksgiving morning. They did start their sales at that time. However the PS3 was going for $399. I kept checking the price until 2:30am. It didn't drop any further. I was disappointed but figured $100 off was still a good deal. FYI, Target, Best Buy and even DJI were selling st $399. Looking forward to it arriving by Tuesday. So I've been watching all DJI videos, reading their documents, plus absorbing all the great information in the forums.

It was 6:00 pm sale at my wallmart. got wrist tag at 4:15pm, and you had till 8PM to pick it up. Drones were in optical department, so I was out of there at 6:15 with drone 5s phone, and a wet dry vac, what the heck I can suck up wood dust from table saws.
But after the $36 in sales tax it was $100 off. Didn't buy the "insurance" since they had no idea what it covered. Drone flying can't be near as hard and costly as my rc helicopters, where every landing was a $200+ trip to parts store after tail boom gets hit by rotor from a hard landing.
Has anyone tried an in flight launch from r/c plane? Wold make RTH interesting. Upside down at top of loop landing location. Drone would think it is in china.

Last edited:
Can you link to do formation flying? use the proximity sensors on pro to follow the standard?
picked up the drone AND an iphone5S for the video feed, no one will text or call if it has no phone number.

Did you buy the straight talk 5S? Did they require a contract or is it just locked to straight talk and good for using as a display for phantom 3?

I made my first flight today. Best spent $370. I'll go ahead and cancel the walmart insurance though it seems like it doesn't cover accidental damage.

Did anybody get $399 Amazon deal with an extra battery? I guess that was even a better deal.

Did you buy the straight talk 5S? Did they require a contract or is it just locked to straight talk and good for using as a display for phantom 3?

I made my first flight today. Best spent $370. I'll go ahead and cancel the walmart insurance though it seems like it doesn't cover accidental damage.

Did anybody get $399 Amazon deal with an extra battery? I guess that was even a better deal.

That would be a good deal, cheapest I've seen batteries is $104. But I have my helicopter to fly while charging so I won't be bored, plus it works above 100 and below 0 degrees.

it's locked to straight talk. I'll probably root it so I can put apps on it as well, and not have to go through apple. I don't mind the $100 a year fee, but a couple of my app ideas are not for the NSA eyes. While apple will stand up to them, you still need to upload it through the nsa spyware formally known as internet, then download it to the phone giving them 2 bites at the apple as it were. I guess I can work on an encryption app so the app is gibberish till the phone decodes it to run. Remember, fbi did not crack the encryption, they paid a stoner to hack the 4 char password. Will have to put the Android OS on a raspberry pi to see if GO app will work on it, i've got a gps chip I can wire up to it. Eventually I want a tracking camera that will follow target regardless of flight path of drone so camera gimble will need to rotate as well as tilt. This drone is just a test bed to see what is being done, and what needs to be "fixed" for my needs. I like I can program it to fly the fence line of my property. Going to need batteries to charge through induction or wire to landing skids before house can fly it on it's own as part of the home security system. Will be nice to have it fly out and check what set off sensors, and stream video back, homes weather sensors can decide if flying conditions allow it.
Guess this spring I will find out what birds think of drones. I have an rc plane that they think is their mother, and form up on it when I fly. Maybe I can have the drone video that from their point of view in formation.

I can live with a dirty box for that price.
I bought a sub woofer from best buy once like that. 'manager special $60'. Cashier asked what the manager was smoking marking it down that much. Told him I didn't care, I'm buying it.

Reactions: Jessepinkman

From the way the list looked, I figured it was a 64bit thing, and the 5 and 5c are 32 bit phones. so it would work if they compile the app for 32 bit. maybe older versions of GO were.

Yes I have tried. My iPhone is not jailbroken but my iPad4 is. I downloaded the ipa through the itunes and tried using iFunBox but didn't work for any of them.

There was this Motorola MAXX 2 at the workplace and I'll try to install the app to that one today. I hope it works.

I use my iPhone 5c All the time with my P3S. No issues. Video feed good out to 2700-2800' before breakup. All stock. Maybe it's the firmware version and Go app version I don't know, but it works great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can live with a dirty box for that price.
I bought a sub woofer from best buy once like that. 'manager special $60'. Cashier asked what the manager was smoking marking it down that much. Told him I didn't care, I'm buying it.

Exaclty who cares,I think I got the cheapest dji 3 std anyone got new.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik