wakeboarding video

Reaction score
a small edit I did of some wakeboarding filmed with the vision 2

really waiting to get my rotorpixel gimbal before I do much more filming.
I left the footage unstabilized to avoid bending on the horizon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypOSXX_Y1A

be interested to see if anyone else is using there phantoms to capture these kind of videos

Are you using FPV?

You have some really good shots.

I don't know if you can smooth out the rough spots in post production or not.
Michael

Nice vid. I'm planning on doing a bunch of filming like this once the lakes thaw out. Can't wait!

ACLV said:
Are you using FPV?

You have some really good shots.

I don't know if you can smooth out the rough spots in post production or not.
Michael

Yes I fly by FPV, a few times I got disorientated and had to stop to find where the boat was, all the water looks the same.

I use premier pro with and have pro dad to stabilize the footage, however I found with this video, to remove most of the rough bits the program had to zoom in so far that it cut the wake-boarder out of the frame, it also made the horizon bend and warp which was a bit distracting.
I guess I could have cut more of the rough bits out, but I didn't have enough smooth footage to replace it with, only flew with one battery.

Great Video.
You got some very good shots here, only complain is the quality of the Video, it looks like it's very compressed, is that something YouTube are doing?

You are very good at keeping the object in the frame! Isn't difficult to control the Phantom from a boat?

Klaus said:
Great Video.
You got some very good shots here, only complain is the quality of the Video, it looks like it's very compressed, is that something YouTube are doing?

You are very good at keeping the object in the frame! Isn't difficult to control the Phantom from a boat?

Youtube did compress the video a fair bit, but I am also having difficulty figuring out what export setting to use in premier pro. The combination of the two has compressed the video a lot. I am new to the program and the tutorials I have say nothing of what export setting to use. I've tried a number of different codec and bins, and end up with a vary results, results that also vary when uploaded to youtube.

Flying from the boat can be a challenge at times, I found my self trying to direct the boat, as if playing a video game, once i stopped this i was able to concentration on keeping the the object in the frame, the hardest thing about this however is to position the camera to keep the object in frame the quad flys on a different path to the boat , flying further away at times. A lot of practice has made it easier to adjust to this but the moment to correct passes quickly the boat moves away. first few flight where a lot of nothing

I always fly with FPV and don't keep visual contact with the quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik