Wakeboard Video with Phantom 3 (I've never been so scared!)

Reaction score
I've heard of all the horror stories from taking your Phantom out on the water. But since we were on the river in Portland, I finally got the balls to just do it. My friend's son works at a boat store, so we took out a brand new Nautique and hit the waves. This is one of my first videos that's not real estate related. Be kind...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

great job! I'll be taking mine up to Lake Shasta this weekend for boating. Was wondering how you handled takeoff/landing? Also, where did you set your home point? constantly set it at the boat or set it to safe spot on land somewhere?

lastly, how far off the water are you on most of those follow shots?

Thanks!

Thanks! My original plan was to take off and land at docks along the way ... but there was plenty of room in the bow of the boat to take off, so I ended up doing that instead. Whenever I brought it back to swap batteries, a buddy of mine stood in the front and caught it by hand. We never really went more than a mile from where I took off each time, so I wasn't horribly worried about losing it due to a RTH. I spent a couple hours last night looking up ways to use dynamic home points, but my iPad is wifi only so I gave up.

I don't think I dropped below 10 feet, though I may have hit 6 at one point... I tried to stay above 15 for the most part.

Dude... Outstanding! I, too am trying to get my nerve up to take on water! And I've got a pro as an advocate in IrixGuy. Great editing and super shots. congrats!

I've heard of all the horror stories from taking your Phantom out on the water. But since we were on the river in Portland, I finally got the balls to just do it. My friend's son works at a boat store, so we took out a brand new Nautique and hit the waves. This is one of my first videos that's not real estate related. Be kind...

Well done mate!

Thanks guys! Just found out the dealership loved it -- I'll be doing more for some other boats.

great video man wakeboarding looks a lot of fun too!

Really nice video. Looks professionally done. Good job. More fun that real estate right!

Fantastic job !
Thanks guys! Just found out the dealership loved it -- I'll be doing more for some other boats.
Fantastic job!

Bloody Brilliant ! Great editing. Use of Slo Mo, composition and everything really. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic