Waiting

114 in the shade, Mesa AZ. The good news is no wind. But no way I'll power up the UAV at this temperature. Sayonara LiPO and probably the electronics.
Yeah I have to wait a lot of times for close to sunset so the temperature will drop to fly and have a couple of times in the dark just to be able to fly.

You want to see something funny. Watch tv news in Phoenix when it rains. They actually send a cameraman to focus on a puddle of water. It's hilarious.

Reactions: Jbundy63
It poured here last night... Still wet in places today. Muggy cloudy, rather dull out. No flying...

RedHotPoker

Been to Arizona a few times and really liked it there, one thing no humidity but it's still hot. It did rain which I hear is never or rare and everyone in the hotel was freaking out and I'm like it's just rain. Duh I didn't even think about the flash flooding there because it rains all the time here. Hey almost stepped on a rattle snake too [emoji216][emoji15][emoji16]

"Dry heat" means nothing when you sit your a$$ down on a hot car seat. I can't imagine enduring such temps for long. Here in northeast, winters are ridiculous, which is why "travel" was invented.

Rain stopped. Had my first flight with the P3P Black Edition. Flies great. ;-) No to the inlaws for dinner. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Black edition? I guess I should pay more attention to developments, and I've only had mine for a few weeks.

Reactions: acherman
Black edition? I guess I should pay more attention to developments, and I've only had mine for a few weeks.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1439689002.714850.jpg

Reactions: Jbundy63
Sweet. Did you paint it? Would be nice if DJI offered a few color options. Of course, that color confirms the fears of right wingers when it comes to drones and privacy and "black helicopters". Just sayin' ;-)

What color are your props?

Yah, just put it back together last night. Still white props. Black ones are currently in transit. And it's actually surprisingly easier to spot in the air - doesn't blend in with a bright sky or clouds. These things are so loud, there's no way to sneak up on someone and invade their privacy.

Agreed on the noise. When I fly mine on the street, all the neighborhood kids swarm me within minutes. As far as the painting goes, I just don't want to take mine apart to even attempt such a thing. Congrats ... that's a mean-looking bird. :)

Yah, just put it back together last night. Still white props. Black ones are currently in transit. And it's actually surprisingly easier to spot in the air - doesn't blend in with a bright sky or clouds. These things are so loud, there's no way to sneak up on someone and invade their privacy.
What type of paint did you use that was able to reliably stick to the plastic?

I really like what yours looks like. My interest would be for visibility.

I used the Rustoleum Universal flat black. Worked really really well. I hand washed all of the parts with soap and water, dried them overnight, then wore nitrile gloves while handling and painting them. 4 coats each for the shell upper and lower, 3 on the VPS module cover, 5 on the landing gear, the outer battery cage, and the battery caps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik