Waiting for mine...

MCG

Reaction score
I ordered the Phantom 2 ready-to-fly kit from B&H. The $2100+ version with gimbal, GoPro, FPV, extra battery and case. I also ordered a 3rd battery -- AND -- I scored a free 32GB SanDisk Extreme card because they are offering one free with purchase of a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition and they were nice enough to extend that offer to me with my kit. They are now offering free shipping of this too -- which I just had them adjust because there was no free shipping when I ordered on 2/20.

So I got all of that for just over $2300. Can't wait to fly!

Has anyone else received one of these bundles from B&H?

B&H seems to be top notch! I have heard nothing but good things about them. I wish I got a free SD card with mine! To record in 1080p 60 or better, you need a pretty expensive sd card that will write that fast. My 32gb card was $60 :shock: , but it works great with my GoPro.

Congrats on your purchase, your going to love it!

$60 for the card!!?? Wow! A few weeks ago I bought two of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6X ... UTF8&psc=1

$40 for 32GB Extreme Plus -- with the super fast read/write speeds. The freebie from B&H was just the Extreme version, but still plenty of speed for the HD needs.

I know I'll be thrilled with this Phantom! The last 8 weeks have been a spending spree in production capital with a new iMac, custom built PC, two GoPro Hero 3+s and tons of accessories all around. I've been a professional for over 10 years but the game completely changes with the Phantom. I'm sure I'll be back here sounding like a moron, asking for advice after I try it out.

You don't need expensive cards. Heck, I can do 1080p/60 in my Canon DSLR with a el cheapo class 4.

I use cheap class 10's now (whatever was on sale) with no issues.

Congrats! I got my Gopro from BH and got the free card. But right after I saw that REI.com had it for $320. I asked BH to match the price and they said they would sell it for $360, but I had to send back the $40 card. In other words, no discount. My 1st purchase with BH and I was not super impressed with what I've heard is great CS.

I am putting together my own FPV iosd setup and it will be here next week. I was not impressed with the monitor BH have in their packages. And doing it myself I think I will save a few hundred.

Have fun with it!

Yeah I'm certain I won't be too impressed with the LCD screen that comes with this particular bundle. I may end up going with a different one eventually but I really like the fact that B&H assembles it all.

And it took some arm twisting and a customer service manager calling me back to get the free card. They said it was like using two different coupons at once and while I understood that, from my perspective I saw it as "if I buy a GoPro for $400 I get the card" but if I buy a GoPro for $400 PLUS another $2000 worth of stuff, I don't get the card?" ...and the guy had nothing to say to that other than "okay, I'll include the card". Very polite, very courteous to call me back and didn't give me a hard time at all. I was just being the squeaky wheel on this one.

If I was smart enough, I;d go with a better screen like you're doing but I'm being lazy for now. Hopefully it'll work out decent for my needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic