Wait to buy Limefuel 6000mah battery or buy DJI Battery now?

Reaction score
So it seems that limefuel will ship out a 6000mah battery sometime in January. Not sure if I should wait to buy these or just get the stock DJI batteries.

Anyone else getting the Limefuel battery??

Re: Wait to buy Limefuel 6000mah battery or buy DJI Battery

with DJI's software upgrades that can render clone batteries useless I'd personally just stick with DJI OEM products .you could go down the battery cap butchering route where you keep the DJI circuit board from a battery cap and fool the drone into thinking it has a 'real' battery fitted, there is a thread somewhere but I can't find it, basically a battery cap is taken to bits and hard wired inside the phantom with wires coming off it with standard battery connectors.

Would really like to see that thread if anyone knows where it is, especially if this has followed right through to connecting up and flying with a standard battery.

Hughie said:
Would really like to see that thread if anyone knows where it is, especially if this has followed right through to connecting up and flying with a standard battery.

PM'd you.

Thank you.

not a simple task, and the guy had already moved the aerial!!. there is no need to go down the biggest battery you can squeeze in route, you could just use smaller 4400 packs and have lots of 10 -15 minute flights.

there was also a mod somewhere where the stock battery was hacked apart and Y lead fixed to the power board giving two plugs externally on leads, two standard 2400's or similar were then mounted externally in parallel, this did still leave the option of using a stock battery as the phantom wasn't modded itself. it could be in classifieds somewhere as a company/person was selling the converted setups with pairs of batteries but not really cost effective unless you were looking to have more than 3 OEM batteries in your flight case. good idea all the same though.

I am not comfortable doing the battery cap permanent hardwire. If it malfunctions for some reason phantom might reject the aftermarket battery midflight and turn off.

mendezl said:
I am not comfortable doing the battery cap permanent hardwire. If it malfunctions for some reason phantom might reject the aftermarket battery midflight and turn off.

but you are using the DJI OEM cap components, it cant tell what actual bare cells are connected to it.

if thats the case then dji should make a battery that lasts longer then 25 mins i would like to fly in one flight at least an hour per battery cuz i use my drone to help look for lost kids/ppl n need more then 10-12.5 mins of flying out n searching if i had at least 1 hour of flight for that battery i would pay more for it i cant afford them huge ones that cost 4000 5000 or more n on my drone i have a banner shake a tree if you see this if you can or get in the open lookin for lost ppl

if thats the case then dji should make a battery that lasts longer then 25 mins i would like to fly in one flight at least an hour per battery cuz i use my drone to help look for lost kids/ppl n need more then 10-12.5 mins of flying out n searching if i had at least 1 hour of flight for that battery i would pay more for it i cant afford them huge ones that cost 4000 5000 or more n on my drone i have a banner shake a tree if you see this if you can or get in the open lookin for lost ppl

What you want is outside of what you can afford. You're asking for more than what's available in current technology. DJI doesn't have the ability to make an affordable quad that can fly that long, otherwise they would have.

There's a firm in Canada that got over two hours on a flight, but you can't afford it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers