Wait till you hear this.

Reaction score
Okay so I love in Arizona and love to take videos and picture of the beautiful Arizona scenery and as I am do this a guy walks up to me and look me in the face. And says do you know how high your allowed to fly that "drone"? (Keep in mind I have read all my state laws on drones and know everything there is about what my capabilities are.) and I said yes I do. And he says to me you know your not allowed to fly that in my backyard right? And I said actually Sir I am, I can fly my drone pretty much wherever I want to fly it, I just can't sit and hover by your windows. And he says to me no I own all the airspace above my land, I Purchased the home so I get all the airspace above my home all the way to the border of space. And at this point I was done I was talking to an absolute idiot so I land my drone and say you really don't know your laws and he says I'm a criminal defense attorney, I know all my laws. I pack up my drone. And I say, I'll see you tommorrow. Haha :) do you think that was wrong of me to say?? Thoughts?

Ask him if he can prohibit aircraft from flying over his house. When he says no, tell him that the FAA has defined your UAS as an aircraft.

Reactions: BigHorny
You are not wrong,
All you did was spark his interest, now the idiot will go back home and do his research, and hopefully realize, no one ever REALLY owns anything, even the land he lives on, he don't own it, he may have a deed, but he will NEVER OWN IT! And to say he owns airspace, that is just ludicrous! If that were the case, NOTHING would ever be airborne, government or NASA, would already own it ALL! So he may be a space cadet, but only in his own alternate universe! The Twilight Zone!
Do-do-do-doooooo!

I do the same as you, say my piece , and mosey along! A+, you should have added, SIR, trust me , there is NOTHING in or about YOUR YARD, that I would be EVEN REMOTELY, interested me, if I wanted to see clutter, I'd fly at the city Dump! Have a GREAT day SIR!
( would not recommend this, but would be funny though! )

J Dot!

I had exactly the same at a golf course - a "committee man" was arguing that they own the air above the course and I was trespassing by being in their air. Needless to say we had a bit of a chat about it which resulted in a bit of a stand off. But my dad taught me the bigger man smiles and walks away, so off I popped , chuckling away to "get off our course son". The irony is, it turns out he's one of my dad's friends who has been very quiet since. My dad listened to the voice recording on my phone I managed to turn on once he started ranting, and had a word , at 75 years old [emoji23]

Next time get the guy's name so you know to never hire him for your legal needs. I hate when attorneys claim to know it all, why do they specialize then. Why do we have to pay for billed hours on research for any legal issue? Ugh!!!!!!!

I had a lawyer say the say thing from the old law in Latin meaning from ground to the sky. I said you may want to check up with that due to aircrafts and satellites and google

I had a lawyer say the say thing from the old law in Latin meaning from ground to the sky. I said you may want to check up with that due to aircrafts and satellites and google
You should have put another battery in and asked him where his home was and if he wanted aerial photos of it for free.
Next time get the guy's name so you know to never hire him for your legal needs. I hate when attorneys claim to know it all, why do they specialize then. Why do we have to pay for billed hours on research for any legal issue? Ugh!!!!!!!
I nice firm ***** slap goes a long way.;)
This is a perfect moment to use the phrase, "Talk to the hand!" o_O
I had exactly the same at a golf course - a "committee man" was arguing that they own the air above the course and I was trespassing by being in their air. Needless to say we had a bit of a chat about it which resulted in a bit of a stand off. But my dad taught me the bigger man smiles and walks away, so off I popped , chuckling away to "get off our course son". The irony is, it turns out he's one of my dad's friends who has been very quiet since. My dad listened to the voice recording on my phone I managed to turn on once he started ranting, and had a word , at 75 years old [emoji23]
You are not wrong,
All you did was spark his interest, now the idiot will go back home and do his research, and hopefully realize, no one ever REALLY owns anything, even the land he lives on, he don't own it, he may have a deed, but he will NEVER OWN IT! And to say he owns airspace, that is just ludicrous! If that were the case, NOTHING would ever be airborne, government or NASA, would already own it ALL! So he may be a space cadet, but only in his own alternate universe! The Twilight Zone!
Do-do-do-doooooo!

I do the same as you, say my piece , and mosey along! A+, you should have added, SIR, trust me , there is NOTHING in or about YOUR YARD, that I would be EVEN REMOTELY, interested me, if I wanted to see clutter, I'd fly at the city Dump! Have a GREAT day SIR!
( would not recommend this, but would be funny though! )

J Dot!
Ask him if he can prohibit aircraft from flying over his house. When he says no, tell him that the FAA has defined your UAS as an aircraft.

Well Everyone might as well end on a good note here the photo that I took while talking to this man!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452491242.070941.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl