Wait, now the battery is too hot to charge?

Silly question but how does the battery tell you it's too hot to charge exactly? I had an issue last night where I flew it and then plugged it in immediately after to charge. Instead of the usual charging lights the middle light just kept flashing two or three times. Didn't know what the heck was going on. Was that it?

Silly question but how does the battery tell you it's too hot to charge exactly? I had an issue last night where I flew it and then plugged it in immediately after to charge. Instead of the usual charging lights the middle light just kept flashing two or three times. Didn't know what the heck was going on. Was that it?
Which light is in the middle of 4? A battery that needs to cool will blink the LED closest to the power button 3x per second. Depending on what you consider the 'middle', it can mean over current detected, short circuit detected, over charge detected, or over voltage detected. Refer to page 20 of the manual.

I bought one of those thermoelectric coolers to store batteries in between flights. In the 90+ degrees F weather here in Florida, it only chills down to about 65, so I don't think it is going to stress the batteries.

It seemed to work well except that I kept forgetting to hook another battery to the charger after I dropped the used one in the cooler and grabbed the new one from the charger. But, I think that is a problem I can overcome.

-- Roger

Is anyone simply plugging their hot battery in to charge (leaving it in a cool or shady place) and letting it decide when it should start charging?

I understand that the battery will start charging once it cools down. Is that correct? Just looking for the simplest, easiest, and fastest way get the battery charged without having to juggle putting the hot battery in a cooler for 5-10 minutes then onto the charger etc. I'll be filming and flying (would rather not have to juggle batteries). Or that putting way too much faith in the battery?

Is anyone simply plugging their hot battery in to charge (leaving it in a cool or shady place) and letting it decide when it should start charging?

I understand that the battery will start charging once it cools down. Is that correct? Just looking for the simplest, easiest, and fastest way get the battery charged without having to juggle putting the hot battery in a cooler for 5-10 minutes then onto the charger etc. I'll be filming and flying (would rather not have to juggle batteries). Or that putting way too much faith in the battery?
That's what I do & it works fine for me so far.

My battery temperature reach as high as 60C after 20min flight. Is this temperature high or acceptable( I get this temp. reading from healthydrone)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers