Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

wacky gimble, cant find the fix

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by keonibaloni, Mar 18, 2015.

1. keonibaloni

yo everybody,
    managed to crash and fall from about 8 feet. gimble was goin nuts. so i checked the ribbon cable and was all good. figured i'd try the potentiometer, got it all lined up and it still is going mad.

only thing i can see that is out of normal is the aluminum arm from the left/right swing is slightly bent but the logic board w/potentiometer is fine. i set the potentiometer set level with horizon and later on level with the logic board case. neither quelled the epilepsy...

any ideas what to try next?

thanks

2. burlbark

Broken pitch potentiometer on the pitch brushless motor controller or an unsecured ribbon cable retainer. If you run it this way for any length of time you will fry the main board.

Jeremy

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

4. keonibaloni

thanks guys checked all the cables seemed to be fine...any idea whereto buy a pitch pot.?

5. burlbark

Its pretty tricky to remove them so make sure you go slow with each leg and that the solder holding down each pad is melted before prying them up one at a time. Here you go....

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALP ... UjFvHoc%3d