W323B differences?

My Galaxy s6 is ice cold when using the dji go app. I prefer android devices anyway,no hassles when storing freaking videos. Plus all android devices have the same basic functions...meanwhile iPhone 4 doesn't have all the features the iPhone 4S has for example.
People say Android is fragmented. ..maybe the OS number but the gAPPS are the same.

Long story short ,never had problems flying my P3A with my Nexus 9 or Galaxy S6. No heating up,nothing of that sort.

The GL300B controller has a frequency range of:
2404.00000000 - 2480.00000000 and a power output of 0.0380000

The GL300C controller has a frequency range of:
2404.00000000 - 2470.00000000 and a power output of 0.3030000

My math must be slipping :confused:

is it possible the output power listed as .0380000 SHOULD BE .3080000

is it possible the output power listed as .0380000 SHOULD BE .3080000

Pretty sure it's a typo. The transmitters don't put out near as much as the bird does. And I can't see there being such a massive difference from one model to the next. I have said before it would be nice to see someone actually testing them all side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry just saw this. Subscribed now.

1. GL300B doesn't have the video processor TMS320DM368 Video SoC and its additional circuit.
2. GL300B deletes CY7C68013 High-Speed USB Peripheral Controller and replaces it with a CYUSB2014 SuperSpeed USB Controller
3. GL300B adds CW2015CWAD for power estimating.

I have never actually seen a C up close.

That is what is physically different on the boards and I drew my own conclusions as to that. I assume B would make the tablet battery burn faster and the device would get hotter due to more load but someone said the opposite of A above so I don't really know the reality of the test results. I would have a hard time believing any results unless performed in a controlled manner because of the probability of other software on a non-dedicated device.

And yes I did assume he was talking about RC models. Sorry if that was incorrect.

I'd like to see actual test results also.

Short answer is no video processing on controller but usb3 instead of 2. Could be a good thing if you're willing to spring for a good tablet.

Last edited:
DeeX did you ever get to test between the two? I just got a W323A but used to have a W323B. I'm curious too to see what the differences are.
I was unable to test the long range...
However I did get to compare somethings...
I compared the FPV feed on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I can say that for whatever reason, at the same range, same conditions etc the FPV video feed was choppier on the W323A. Went back and forth a total of 6 times (3 times each) and it was much smoother on the W323B.

I was going to test longer range but as a new pilot and the W323A not being mine I decided against that lol.

Something also I did not do was mix and match RC(s). So because of that, something to consider would be the fact that on the W323B I was using a "C" transmitter.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it's more the transmitter more than the actual aircraft itself. I would say if you get a chance to see if you can swap the transmitters to see if that makes a difference. The W323A has actually much higher power output, radio signal wise.

1. GL300B doesn't have the video processor TMS320DM368 Video SoC and its additional circuit.
2. GL300B deletes CY7C68013 High-Speed USB Peripheral Controller and replaces it with a CYUSB2014 SuperSpeed USB Controller

That is what is physically different on the boards and I drew my own conclusions as to that. I assume B would make the tablet battery burn faster and the device would get hotter due to more load but someone said the opposite of A above so I don't really know the reality of the test results. I would have a hard time believing any results unless performed in a controlled manner because of the probability of other software on a non-dedicated device.

And yes I did assume he was talking about RC models. Sorry if that was incorrect.

Short answer is no video processing on controller but usb3 instead of 2. Could be a good thing if you're willing to spring for a good tablet.

Forcing the transmitter to do the bulk of the video processing job (or any of it for that matter) was a silly idea. All of the tablets uses today will have a better video processor than the transmitter, the tablet will have available ram, any tablet or phone is specifically designed to output video as per the screens are all animated etc.

The chip was more than likely leftover skeletons of a design that never made it to fruition, or something to that effect.

The upgraded USB port is better suited to the task of running the DJI Go app and downloading OTA updates through the app.

My 2¢

I have a B controller and it super cool on the battery. Almost no draw on my iPad Air or my iPhone 6. One full flight only takes like 7% of the battery power on my iOS devices and no lag with the B remote. The first remote model was the Opposite almost drained my devices to 0%.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I've gone three miles with the B remote all stock not even 32 channels.

I have a B controller and it super cool on the battery. Almost no draw on my iPad Air or my iPhone 6. One full flight only takes like 7% of the battery power on my iOS devices and no lag with the B remote. The first remote model was the Opposite almost drained my devices to 0%.

I also have the B remote for both my p3a with old motors and my p3p with new motors!!

Both shipped with the gla399B and I have had no issues with battery drain or reception.

Sorry yeah I figured it'd probably be better at some point of tablet level. I do notice the use on my tablet battery though but have no comparison. Its dedicated to the rc anyway so it gets charged with all the other phantom stuff.

Wow just did the math on the GL300C for another thread and the increase between the GL300B and the GL300C is 697.37%.
The GL300C does over a 1/4th of a watt where as the GL300B does about 1/40th of a watt.

The bird W323B does have a lower power output by about 15% but if the RC puts out tons more then perhaps that's not a bad thing.
Again it seems we all on here like to think we know what we are talking about when it comes to radio waves and electronics..
We need a actual expert to translate this to us.

To me the numbers speak for themselves.

Wow just did the math on the GL300C for another thread and the increase between the GL300B and the GL300C is 697.37%.
The GL300C does over a 1/4th of a watt where as the GL300B does about 1/40th of a watt.

The bird W323B does have a lower power output by about 15% but if the RC puts out tons more then perhaps that's not a bad thing.
Again it seems we all on here like to think we know what we are talking about when it comes to radio waves and electronics..
We need a actual expert to translate this to us.

To me the numbers speak for themselves.
Yea rite. If you can go three mile with a b remote that means a c can go like 10 mile. Come on now. Ask your self.

Yea rite. If you can go three mile with a b remote that means a c can go like 10 mile. Come on now. Ask your self.
Nah, it's not that big of a difference. The FPVLR V2 boosts it to like 3.0 watts or something and it doesn't add like that. If that was the case with the FPVLR then it would go like 30 miles lol. FPVLR still only does 3-5 miles. There's other factors at play. Lal

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I also try my GL658B ( inspire 1 remote) on my phantom 3. It works to but I haven't fully tested it out yet out side.

How do we find out what particular model we might have?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

How do we find out what particular model we might have?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You need to look at the sticker on the box that came with it for the aircraft. For the remote control, the label is on the bottom of it.

On the box? take a picture please. there is no number on the bottom of my box. and the one on the side doesn't have W323 on it anywhere.

The side of the bird has WM3231505 on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj