Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Vuzix

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by dj0443, Mar 6, 2014.

1. dj0443

i just purchaced my first quad.Phantom vision.Bought a pair of vuzix 920 to use with them but can not get them to work. Have tried i phone and i pad and no luck.I know that i have heard other people use them.How do i configure these to work. :? Thank you

2. Pull_Up

Never heard of them, but a quick search around their website mentions a "composite AV adapter for iPhone...". Have you got one?

3. Skipholiday

looks like it comes with cable for older generations of iphones 4/4s and composite cables.

4. dj0443

Have adapter.But when i plug it up ,i get no video from phantom.I know the glasses work because i can watch videos off the internet

5. Pull_Up

Hmm, seems they are discontinued by the manufacturer. You need something that mirrors your screen. I'm guessing playing movies will send the appropriate video out, but of course the Vision app (or any other) doesn't do that. I notice their latest model supports HDMI - which would mean you'd be able to simply mirror the display of the phone onto the glasses.

Here's a quote from an Amazon review on them from 3.5 years ago:

Looks like it's a non-starter unless any Apple gurus have any hacks for you...

6. dj0443

But I know that I have seen others on this forum say that they use these glasses

7. Pull_Up

Are you sure they weren't using the latest version with the HDMI? Or were they using with a Phantom 2, GoPro, and 5.8GHz FPV transmitter & receiver which outputs standard AVI?

I've not seen any reports of these glasses in the Vision threads...