Vuzix

Reaction score
i just purchaced my first quad.Phantom vision.Bought a pair of vuzix 920 to use with them but can not get them to work. Have tried i phone and i pad and no luck.I know that i have heard other people use them.How do i configure these to work. :? Thank you

looks like it comes with cable for older generations of iphones 4/4s and composite cables.

Pull_Up said:
Never heard of them, but a quick search around their website mentions a "composite AV adapter for iPhone...". Have you got one?
Have adapter.But when i plug it up ,i get no video from phantom.I know the glasses work because i can watch videos off the internet

Hmm, seems they are discontinued by the manufacturer. You need something that mirrors your screen. I'm guessing playing movies will send the appropriate video out, but of course the Vision app (or any other) doesn't do that. I notice their latest model supports HDMI - which would mean you'd be able to simply mirror the display of the phone onto the glasses.

Here's a quote from an Amazon review on them from 3.5 years ago:

1. iPhone - what they don't tell you is that you can't show anything on the screen except video through your iTunes account. I wanted this unit specifically to watch Netflix via my iPhone, and all I get is a blank screen - reading the fine print in the manual reveals that iPhone will only display through it's own media player. They could have mentioned this fact in the advertisement, but not a single word. The end result - this "feature" alone ruins the product for me. Of course, I can't absolve Apple of responsibility - they are the fools that have always built proprietary function into all of their products.

Looks like it's a non-starter unless any Apple gurus have any hacks for you...

Pull_Up said:
Hmm, seems they are discontinued by the manufacturer. You need something that mirrors your screen. I'm guessing playing movies will send the appropriate video out, but of course the Vision app (or any other) doesn't do that. I notice their latest model supports HDMI - which would mean you'd be able to simply mirror the display of the phone onto the glasses.

Here's a quote from an Amazon review on them from 3.5 years ago:

1. iPhone - what they don't tell you is that you can't show anything on the screen except video through your iTunes account. I wanted this unit specifically to watch Netflix via my iPhone, and all I get is a blank screen - reading the fine print in the manual reveals that iPhone will only display through it's own media player. They could have mentioned this fact in the advertisement, but not a single word. The end result - this "feature" alone ruins the product for me. Of course, I can't absolve Apple of responsibility - they are the fools that have always built proprietary function into all of their products.

Looks like it's a non-starter unless any Apple gurus have any hacks for you...

But I know that I have seen others on this forum say that they use these glasses

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj