VTX antenna up top?

Reaction score
I see a lot of pics of quads and hexes that are built from different components that have their FPV VTX antenna mounted up on top. I've been thinking about doing this with my Phantom 2. Not super stoked on drilling a hole in the top shell, but with the new Flytrex Live mounted on the bottom, I'm running out of room. I could easily move the ImmersionRC to inside the shell, run an extension cable from it, and stick my Fatshark Spironet on the top, towards the back, angling up away from the props. Plenty of clearance. Would look clean.

Any thoughts on this? Think it would impact my FPV range by coming out of the top? I saw some really bad YouTube video where a guy did something similar, but he did a pretty bad job of it. Definitely NOT the way mine would turn out.

Cheers,
Jared

Hoping the gps is far away from electronic inteference when mounted near all those electronics in the top of the phantom, I'd like to see this mod done. I'd be skeptical about drilling a hole in the top of the phantom, but then again where would you mount the base that holds the antenna...

Left side of the quad, on the inside between the battery bay and the vents of the shell. Plenty of room in there. But I'm concerned with GPS interference too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj