VTX and Velcro question.

Reaction score
I have a Phantom V1.3. I have just purchased some fpv equipment from readymaderc.com. I have ordered a set of Fatshark Attitude SD V2 goggles as well as some 1.3g equipment. I got the Fatshark system for the ease of use, quick and portable. The 1.3g equipment will be primarily used with a ground station for longer range flights with my discovery. I did however get an extra 1.3g VTX for use on my Phantom. I am in the process of planning a way to make the exchange between the 5.8g and 1.3g VTX on the Phantom. The obvious simple route, Velcro. My question, to those of you using Fatsharks and other VTXs, do you use / trust velcro for this application? If not, are there other suggestions? Thank you very much.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Re: VTX and Velcro question.

NCHoytArcher said:
I have a Phantom V1.3. I have just purchased some fpv equipment from readymaderc.com. I have ordered a set of Fatshark Attitude SD V2 goggles as well as some 1.3g equipment. I got the Fatshark system for the ease of use, quick and portable. The 1.3g equipment will be primarily used with a ground station for longer range flights with my discovery. I did however get an extra 1.3g VTX for use on my Phantom. I am in the process of planning a way to make the exchange between the 5.8g and 1.3g VTX on the Phantom. The obvious simple route, Velcro. My question, to those of you using Fatsharks and other VTXs, do you use / trust velcro for this application? If not, are there other suggestions? Thank you very much.

I have the Fatshark Predator V2 kit with the VTX on the bottom of the Phantom with velcro. The Velcro holds fine. My VTX has not fallen off or even appeared to want to. I will say that with Velcro it is not 100% movement free. The end with the antenna is heavier and pulls on the velcro more. Still solid enough but the added strength of the DualLoc is something you could consider. It should hold the VTX without any movement question is will you break it getting it back off? Veclro has not failed me yet and I will probably stick with that! Cheap and simple!

I use this little "y tail" it has the tx velcroed on top.

I serves also as orientation point, and, as a bonus you can put a second battery below with velcro straps, giving the Phantom a good balance with a gimbal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392701158612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392701158612.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 413

I've been using a round patch of industrial velcro to hold a 40-50g tk102b GPS tracker on the back of my PV. I even just put it 2/3 of the whole area, since I don't want to block my camera's down angle. This velcro is probably rated for 1-2lbs, so the 50gr is just 1/10th of it's capacity.

It's snug and I have to pull quite hard to remove it. Not worried.

This is what I've done. It works perfect, specially needed if you have a gimbal. This was The only setup that worked well for me from all angles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 432

I use the same carbon fiber mount plate as Ton4 posted above. I have my Fatshark 250mW mounted with velcro on top and Flytrex mounted with velcro on the bottom. Once I'd confirmed they were both working I also added a cable tie for peace of mind.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 409
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 422
I'm going to make a mount out of a few small pieces of 1/8" plexi, that will be 2-faced to the bottom of the phantom. Velcro, and a cable tie for added security.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31