VRS is not fun!

Reaction score
Flew my 35th flight tonight on a paragliding launch. I was coming in at 31% battery and all of a sudden it started to drop. At first I was thinking battery problem. Then it clicked that it was VRS. I was only about 20' off the ground and it was dropping fast. I kept my forward speed and pinned the throttle. I should have put more forward but it recovered at just under 10'. Scared the hell out of me. I was coming in with a light tailwind. Won't do that again.

Confirm on latest firmware, prop guards or not and stock props or CF. I have yet to experience it and hoping to recognize it to counter it as you did.

Latest firmware, never had prop guards, stock props but not the latest ones. I think that tailwind was coming in slightly faster than I was moving. Pushing the dirty air where I was flying maybe. It wasn't fun and made me pucker. But glad I pulled out of it.

Good to know. I will definitely be more vigilant to monitor winds making sure to avoid travelling down with the tail wind.

WPSPETE said:
Flew my 35th flight tonight on a paragliding launch. I was coming in at 31% battery and all of a sudden it started to drop. At first I was thinking battery problem. Then it clicked that it was VRS. I was only about 20' off the ground and it was dropping fast. I kept my forward speed and pinned the throttle. I should have put more forward but it recovered at just under 10'. Scared the hell out of me. I was coming in with a light tailwind. Won't do that again.

just wanted to ask if you had any more weight on it then gimbal and gopro?

I have the fpv tx and iosd. But nothing other than that. This was my 35th flight and I have never had this problem. I was on top of a mountain thou. And it was cooling down, just last sunset. Maybe hit a downdraft? Probably not thou.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20