Vr goggles

Problem with many cheap VR goggles are Narrow FOV. Usually only around 70 degree which doesn't give you a wide screen theater effect. Go with those that are 90+ degree FOV if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3D FPV App looks cool and the price is right; I'm assuming it works along DJI Go app? Anyone try it with a Samsung S5 running Marshmallow (or any other Android phone running Marshmallow for that matter)?

Does anyone know how good these goggles work? I'm getting mine in today from amazon just wanted to get your input ?

How do you select the touch screen commands? CL, HL, or the modes, GS, Follow etc? Thanks Jack

Thats the problem with vr goggles. You have to take your phone out of the vr and out of the app that splits the screen and by then the AC may have already done auto land were ever it was because you hit the last 10% of the battery. Get something that plugs into the optional hdmi and keep your tablet with GO running all the time as this will save your but.

Reactions: Per Timmermann
Thats the problem with vr goggles. You have to take your phone out of the vr and out of the app that splits the screen and by then the AC may have already done auto land were ever it was because you hit the last 10% of the battery. Get something that plugs into the optional hdmi and keep your tablet with GO running all the time as this will save your but.
Thanks so much Erised. I was thinking something like that. However I see now this is Phantom 4 forum. I have P3A and no HDMI port. Do you know of any other way to run the phone and a tablet at the same time. Also won't the RTH button on the remote still work? Thanks again Jack

If you get a tablet with a hdmi port you could plug in headplay goggles and see the same screen as on your tablet, I am not shure how vr goggle would do it but there are apps that do a split screen on you phone that may work. I am not shure how the hdmi from the tablet to the phone would work. I have headplays and the image is real good and you get all the telemetry but no maps, and you get to keep your tablet.

The Oculas CV1 will run at 1200x1080 per eye.

It is actually more than half that it cuts off for some reason I can't remember but some of the VR gear when it shows its specs (including the CV1) shows the per eye specs so if it says 1080p, almost legally it has to mean per eye or its false advertising so check the specs of the item before you think "1080p, It must be getting 480 per eye".

Also keep in mind that 480P against your eye ball is NOT the same as 480p on a television or something. Food for thought. Also, the 720p downlink can be blown up but it might cause latency. Not sure.
The note 5 in a cardboard box/any cheap vr box has a higher resolution than the occulus cv.

So actually you will get the best resolution and since its enlarged you.ll actually see all the detail.

Most people use a small screen tablet so won.y actually see all the detail of the video feed from the phantom

Anyone know if I install the HDMI modular to the P3A remote if can connect my Galaxy 7 with the HDMI cable for FPV goggles and my Tablet to the usb like I do now at the same time? That way I can lift the goggles to access my tablet and active my touch screen selection and then drop the goggles down to fly. DJI says its beyond their scope of support and offered no answer.

Anyone know if I install the HDMI modular to the P3A remote if can connect my Galaxy 7 with the HDMI cable for FPV goggles and my Tablet to the usb like I do now at the same time? That way I can lift the goggles to access my tablet and active my touch screen selection and then drop the goggles down to fly. DJI says its beyond their scope of support and offered no answer.
I think the HDMI on Galaxy 7 is for output only.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj