Vr goggles

Mine are good so far. Love using it with the Drone as well as other applications. Not bad for what I paid

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
What app are you using them with? Any tips?
The wait is driving me crazy lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What app are you using them with? Any tips?
The wait is driving me crazy lol

I know you didn't ask me but I am using litchi app. I tried the dronevr app but since I already have litchi it doesn't make sense to buy it .

I know you didn't ask me but I am using litchi app. I tried the dronevr app but since I already have litchi it doesn't make sense to buy it .
My VR goggles just came in waiting for the weather to break to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phone will get hot and die fast if not connected to a power source but thats a given. Take time to properly adjust the phone and lens before really embracing the experience. As for apps I went through pretty much all on the ios app store. Most of the Google cardboard apps are good.
95c0b53f34ededa228a1361f835e4366.jpg
here is a screenshot of some of the ones I use

Reactions: Mark C.
My VR goggles just came in waiting for the weather to break to try it out

Cool, he's right phone gets hot. I burn out 1 battery at a time . 25 min is enough for me right now.. I'm only flying out my back patio I can't wait to fly over the ocean with them on now I'm going to be able to find dolphins and really focus on them lol

The phone will get hot and die fast if not connected to a power source but thats a given. Take time to properly adjust the phone and lens before really embracing the experience. As for apps I went through pretty much all on the ios app store. Most of the Google cardboard apps are good.
95c0b53f34ededa228a1361f835e4366.jpg
here is a screenshot of some of the ones I use
I bought the Blitzwolf VR goggles like the ones in the video, I'm happy with them. But found a great app on the iTunes Store for $5.99 Mobile VR Station, you can pull videos from YouTube or your photo album and it will allow you to play through your goggles, head movement to select functions, very cool!

520df239933ab88ef0343c42d42d53cf.jpg

Reactions: llyons92
Got a question: the only way to correctly use these vr goggles is with litchi?
No way to make it work with dji go?

Got a question: the only way to correctly use these vr goggles is with litchi?
No way to make it work with dji go?

The way most are using VR with DJI is a more expensive option. It would require a module that bolts to you RC. The module has an additional HDMI output in it and would allow you to have a tablet and goggles at the same time. The only goggles that have the function , that I'm aware of, are the FatShark goggles, and they are around $500. The module is available through DJI for around $90. Most also with these upgrades are running Litchi. Personally I plan to upgrade to the FatShark and module in the future, but I wanted to gain experience with VR before making a commitment to the purchase. I believe the FatShark and module set up is popular with DJI Go app in the Drone racing crowd.

You can pick up head plays for much less and they have the HDMI in. I have the HDMI module but I want to make sure I enjoy it first before I spend 200+ on a pair. My VR Box comes in tomorrow so I will know soon enough.

Guys check out YouTube. Type in 360 vr videos and use your goggles. Far better than any app in the App Store. There is also some videos of users using litchi in the VR mode so you can see first hand how it works :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: llyons92
You can pick up head plays for much less and they have the HDMI in. I have the HDMI module but I want to make sure I enjoy it first before I spend 200+ on a pair. My VR Box comes in tomorrow so I will know soon enough.

After using my Blitzwolf goggles, which I do still like, I've seen features on the VR Box that I think I would have liked on mine. The Blitzwolf has a flip down door that the phone sits in. If not adjusted properly, the door can flip down as the door is held up by magnets. The VR Box has a cradle that holds the phone and slides into the goggles. I'm considering buying the VR Box and giving my Blitzwolf to my nephew for his video games.

Fpv flier, you nailed it!!!!
That's the app need it to make it work with the phantom :

63e2ffb3895f0bbf04e7bc5d8d58df27.jpg

Worth to take a look of FPV Camera app for iOS FPV Goggles
I looked at the app, it has some nice features and the initial cost is less than Litchi, however it does have a subscription of $2.99 per month, after the app purchase and 3 months of fees, you would be at the same cost as Litchi. Plus additional features comes with a higher cost. I don't feel it has enough features to justify the cost.

Reactions: Norval
I looked at the app, it has some nice features and the initial cost is less than Litchi, however it does have a subscription of $2.99 per month, after the app purchase and 3 months of fees, you would be at the same cost as Litchi. Plus additional features comes with a higher cost. I don't feel it has enough features to justify the cost.

FPV Goggles is an one-off in-app purchase without requiring All-In-One subscription if you don't need other features.

FPV Goggles is an one-off in-app purchase without requiring All-In-One subscription if you don't need other features.
I checked it out too and thought the same thing. It is only $8.99 but how long has it been in beta? I know that Litchi was in beta for a long time and had PLENTY of issues. I would love to try the fpvFlyer app but I need to know how safe it is. I signed up for beta but it said it already went through the beta process, yet I never saw it. Did I miss it?

Get Litchi. Not just for VR but for many other features. Nothing worse then having to switch apps to do different tasks.
Back on subject, I have the VRBox 2. It's nice but there is a little lag with the head tilt/tracking (its do with the app and not the VR headset). Best thing is about this is that you get no glare.
Would of been nice if Litchi had head tracking mode where the phantom would yaw left and right based on your head movement. Maybe assign a C2 button hold for head tracking. But I guess many would lose their **** because they couldn't fly properly.

After using my Blitzwolf goggles, which I do still like, I've seen features on the VR Box that I think I would have liked on mine. The Blitzwolf has a flip down door that the phone sits in. If not adjusted properly, the door can flip down as the door is held up by magnets. The VR Box has a cradle that holds the phone and slides into the goggles. I'm considering buying the VR Box and giving my Blitzwolf to my nephew for his video games.

And they are cheaper

The only feature that I see you offer that Litchi doesn't have, is the ability to switch over to the phones camera so you can see your surroundings. However all the other features come standard in Litchis app. At the subscribed rate of $2.99 for the other features that are standard, a person would be paying $36 a year after the app purchase. No thanks, I'll just lift my goggles off my head for that.

Get Litchi. Not just for VR but for many other features. Nothing worse then having to switch apps to do different tasks.
Back on subject, I have the VRBox 2. It's nice but there is a little lag with the head tilt/tracking (its do with the app and not the VR headset). Best thing is about this is that you get no glare.
Would of been nice if Litchi had head tracking mode where the phantom would yaw left and right based on your head movement. Maybe assign a C2 button hold for head tracking. But I guess many would lose their **** because they couldn't fly properly.
Yeah, personally I have no desire to control the bird with my head. I'll keep the controls. Just me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20